Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Last minute crisis, who stocks campag in central belt scotland?
  • 13thfloormonk

My mate’s just fitted an extra large cassette for the Bealach Mor but the medium cage rear mech he’d ordered to go with it was out of stock.

I think Escape Route in Pitlochry have got a Mirage medium cage in stock, but in case he’s a fussy bugger and insists on Centaur, does anyone else between Edinburgh and Inverness stock Campag?

Cheers

jimmy

Do Bike Ronde on Henderson Row do it?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Bicycleworks worth a try, others have websites?

Tho if he’s a fussy bugger I’d make him ride the Mirage one just to learn him.

13thfloormonk

Nah, good suggestion but I’ve checked everyone in Edinburgh and had no luck.

Hang on, haven’t phoned TBC! 😳

ojom
    Free Member

telepathy…. weird thing! Best of luck

13thfloormonk

Hmm, no luck with Dales, think we’ll be paying Pitlochry a visit after all!

druidh
    Free Member

And that, my friends, is a very good example of the best reason not to run Campag….

wwaswas

or at least not to order online without checking stock levels first…

ojom
    Free Member

And that, my friends, is a very good example of the best reason not to run Campag….

Shoosh now. It rules.

13thfloormonk

He has already resolved to switch to Shimano on his next bike, and compact. Bloody triathletes, imagine thinking swapping half a drivetrain at the last minute would be easy…

or at least not to order online without checking stock levels first…

..but lets face it, website stock levels are dubious at best, and there’s more than one shop I’ve phoned who just goes straight to their own website to check stock! Not that I’m defending his last minuteness, especially not since its muggins here who’ll be swapping everything over on Friday night in Torridon…

onandon
    Free Member

He could try a smaller top jockey wheel to clear.
    unless it’s already a 10t

13thfloormonk

Mmm, interesting suggestion. I had actually read that a short cage mech would still clear the big (29tooth) cog, but didn’t have the capacity for the extra chain slack (he wants to be able to continue running big/big).

onandon
    Free Member

I had the same issue with my Duraace setup.
    Swapped the top jockey from an 11t to a 10t for a little extra clearance.

not saying it WILL work but it may be worth a try 🙂

2tyred

Slightly out of the way, but you could phone Al at Wheelcraft in Clachan of Campsie on 01360 312709 – if anyone’s got one, he will and he’s open late (about 8ish) today and tomorrow.

oldgit
    Free Member

I’ve also always said that, as lovely as campagnolo is Friday evening Campag searches are rarely successful.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Last minute crisis, who stocks campag in central belt scotland?’ is closed to new replies.