Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Last minute change of Alps resort – weather related
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

We were planning on heading to Les Deux Alpes this week but the weather is looking rough in that part of the Alps.

So…

If you had a choice where would you go?

The weather is looking good in Chatel, Morzine and Les Gets – would you base yourselves up that end? or are there better places to try.

Bearing in mind we are only there for 4 days and are driving over.

Also – anyone got a recommendation for a reliable weather website for the Alps?

chakaping
    Free Member

What kind of riding you after?

nickjb
    Free Member

Morzine is the best located of those 3 in the PdS. It’s in the middle and at the bottom of the valley. Means you can ride until the last lift then have an easy ride home from quite a few places. They are all ok though.

Weather can be pretty variable there so it’ll be pot luck. Shorter drive than most other alps.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Meteo France says it’s going to be scorching. It is currently very scorching and looking like changing to extremely scorching in the Tarentaise, just a few miles north of LdA.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Bike park kinda riding – based around lift access (ie no pedalling).

Forecast for L2A looks really hot with thunder storms flagged for when we arrive until we leave. 🙁

chakaping
    Free Member

PDS then.

Assuming the reports you’re looking at are not just those half hour storms you sometimes get in the Alps.

stevomcd
    Free Member

I’ve got access to the pro mountain forecasts for my area and they are currently predicting wall-to-wall scorchio, with only one mention of storms.

I think you’re worrying over nothing.

Hot-weather with chance of afternoon thunderstorms in the Alps in July? I could have made that forecast back in January…

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Cheers Stevo – reassuring to know. Although now I’ve looked at chatel I like what I see

matt_outandabout

We’re sat here in 25-30*c further south…super besse…

parkesie
    Free Member

Im in les gets atm its bloomin lovely and forcast is looking good.

splashdown
    Free Member

Pila. It gets far better weather than the pds, no crowds and the riding is great 🙂

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I’ve heard good things about Pila

wallop

Pila is fun. La Thuile just up the road too, which I like even more.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Same time to pila as l2a… Interested

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Last minute change of Alps resort – weather related’ is closed to new replies.