Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Last Fast Forward riders opinions
  • gra

I know a couple of people on here have a Fast Forward. My question is whether it is just a downhill and enduro type frame or will it do long distance at speed and climb too? Have been looking at the Shan GT following on from previous thread as the Singletrack review suggests it’s a great all rounder too. Looking for one bike for everything: local loops, bridle ways, trail centres, wild Scotland and the occasional Pyrenees trip.

Cheers

singlespeedstu

My question is whether it is just a downhill and enduro type frame or will it do long distance at speed and climb too?

I think the speed and distance thing is down to the rider. 😉
    Mine climbs as well as it descends though if that’s any help.

honourablegeorge

Descends brilliantly climbs really well. Love the bike, think it’s really well sorted geometry wise.

Just put 29s on it to try, not ridden it in anger yet but feels remarkably different to me

gra

Thanks for the replies, sounds good.

frood
    Free Member

Love the handling, find the rear dropout on the mk1 a nuisance, as it kept sliding then one of the tensioners broke. Replaced it with some dmr chain tugs with integrated mech hander and a decent qr. Much better. Climbs well, much better than you’d expect (done a few 45+km 1500m climb days on it) descends like a raving Looney. Hooligan fun bike

honourablegeorge

Frood… Last sent me the updated Mk2 dropout free when I damaged mine. Might do the same for you… be handy to have a spare if nothing else.

scottfitz
    Free Member

following 🙂

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

IMO, it’s a trail bike with a descending bias.

Climbs just as well as anything else I’ve had, if not better – it’s long wheel base is pretty useful for climbing tech, but it’s never going to win any races. My build is 30.5lbs.

The Shan GT is less than 10mm different from any one measurement from a 2souls QH for what it’s worth.

batman11
    Free Member

Ragley bigwig might be worth a look to its kinda in the middle geometry wise of the two you mentioned.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Last Fast Forward riders opinions’ is closed to new replies.