Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Last ever print copy of Dirt , anyone seen it ?
  • oldfart

Supposed to be ish 159 , can’t seem to find any info anywhere and Smiffs don’t have it . So does it actually exist ?

mamadirt
    Free Member
    hora
    Free Member

Flicking through issue 158 would you really want to waste more money?

I suppose its nostalga though

kimbers

Still can’t quite believe it’ll be the last one

Wish I’d not chucked out all my old ones now !

I reckon it’ll be resurrected somewhere down the line

hora
    Free Member

I reckon it’ll be resurrected somewhere down the line

Either they’ve ramped up the final copies run or they, milking the attention (maybe sales are increasing?) or it just aint selling but issue 158- I’ve seen loads in every stockists that I’ve been in- more than they usually carry/have left at this point.

I reckon they are going to ‘relaunch’.

deviant
    Free Member

Jones’s style is/was awful but he wasn’t afraid to tell it like it is.

From hating 29ers and seeing them as XC only machines he pitted Intense’s 140mm full suss against their benchmark 26er 160mm bike and was honest enough to admit that the big wheeled bike was faster despite being ‘anti’ for years.

Likewise he would happily slag a bike if it wasn’t up to par and has really got on board with the direct sales thing as he knows not everyone can splash 5k on a nice bike.

Some of it was repetitive, his crusade for bigger frames for genuinely tall riders bordered on obsessive but the industry seems to be reacting with longer top tubes and genuine L & XL size bikes.

I’ll miss the mag, ebooks are crap in comparison. Nothing like taking a hard copy magazine into the loo at work!

rocketman
    Free Member

As above it was the definitive MTB magazine

Random pics and ramblings in microscopic fonts & unreadable colour combos

The reader’s letters were way out there

hora
    Free Member

Nothing like taking a hard copy magazine into the loo, bath, beach, park, garden etc etc!

FTFY

ThePinkster

Think I might have to track a copy down to go with my issue 1.

Not bought it for years.

DickBarton

Not the very last one no…but I’ll try take a look at one of the last few…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Last ever print copy of Dirt , anyone seen it ?’ is closed to new replies.