Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • laser eye surgery
  • thomasthetankengine
    Free Member

Anyone had it? Contacts aggravate my eyes after a few hours and are a bit of a fiddle. Wear my specs sometimes for less wilder stuff but can bounce around a bit.
    Seems like a good option apart from someone actually shooting lasers in your eyes

RobHilton
    Free Member

I’ve returned to contacts after a few years and couldn’t get on with them – tried a few different kinds & solutions including the ones I used to use years ago. The only way I could stand them was to use eye drops every couple of hours. Have found daily disposables work much better than anything else, so have settled with them even though they work out pretty pricey.

The thought of anyone messing with my eyes makes me want to curl-up, so I couldn’t even consider surgery 😕

coogan
    Free Member

Did it two years ago. Contacts were giving me grief and to quote the optician after trying various lenses types, ‘your eyes may well be telling you they just don’t want lenses in there any more.’ If it wasn’t for the biking, i’d just have gone back to glasses. But I HATE riding with glasses. So got ’em zapped. And to be honest, one of the best things I’ve done! No faff with lenses, no cleaning of lenses, no wondering where I left my glasses. Just pin sharp vision. That’ll do me.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ivnickkate
    Free Member

Two friends have had it done. One says best thing he has ever done (5years), the other says completely the opposite, constant dry eyes because of possibly laser damage to tear ducts.(2years) Find out as much info as you can, daily mail http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1334246/Tempted-laser-eye-surgery-Its-risks.html. good luck

paul123
    Free Member

Do it. Did mine about 7 years ago and never regretted it. Best money I’ve ever spent

thomasthetankengine
    Free Member

Looking like goer. Had already decided really busy wanted other feedback first.

honourablegeorge

Friend had it done, only issue is he can’t handle night riding, his eyes don;t adjust to it.

crapjumper
    Free Member

I had both eyes done on the same day about 11 years ago at optimax in Liverpool . Like the others have already said probably the best thing I’ve done for years

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I had it done about 6 years ago. I have suffered with dry eyes but would still have it done again.

For the op I wasn’t knocked out but off my nut on valium and something else. That was a fun experience in itself.

spooky_b329

I was told by a decent surgeon at an independent clinic, that the reason for our night vision and halos etc is often due to not enough surface being lasered, so when your pupil gets larger to let in what little light there is, it basically gets larger than the area that’s been corrected.

I was all up for it but a radio 2 chat put me off as they pressed on the fact, what if you are one of the 1-3% that don’t achieve satisfactory results…

And a Daily Mail article? I might read it for the entertainment…

ivorhogseye
    Free Member

Advancevisioncare.co.uk did mine. They are not cheap. There are no gimmicks. You get what you pay for as they are very good. Don’t go cheap with a high street brand. Three of us went with this lot, no issues. Friends sister went high street and she has had issues with grittiness.

MoreCashThanDash

Wife had hers done 6-7 years ago at Moorfields. Went from -8 to -0.5. No problems or regrets at all, but it was the top surgeon at the top place. Even with mates rates (her mate works there) it was something like £3.5k, but that improvement in her quality of life is priceless. But it buys you a lot of contact lenses.

She wants me to get mine done, but no way is anyone slicing my eye open with a laser while I’m conscious. My quality of life might be improved by £3.5k of bikes, but she’s not convinced.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Wife and I both had it done a long time ago. It’s been spot on. She suffered a bit with dry eyes after but the surgeon warned her she was prone to dry eyes before hand. Less invasive than a filling.

grim168
    Free Member

Getting on for 20 years now at optimax at manchester. Have glasses again with a very slight prescription of -.5 that I wear occasionally. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I had it done three months ago. My vision is mostly fine and mostly I could forget I’ve had it done. There are some situations where my sight is now worse than it was when I wore contacts. Anything backlit in poorly lit conditions is harder to read. For example if I am driving at night my eyes don’t adjust instantly to read the speedometer, there is a small delay to refocus. I wonder if the surgery has jumped me forward towards needing reading glasses though I don’t need them at present.

Would I do it again? Yes. Contacts were good but carried their own risks (I had an infection I wouldn’t want again) and three months after the surgery I’ve pretty much forgotten about it.

coogan
    Free Member

As I said at the start, got it done and very happy. Although two days after getting it done I sat on my old glasses and broke them as I didn’t see them…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘laser eye surgery’ is closed to new replies.