Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Larsson TT 's tyres to LUST or not to LUST ? What they like?
  • ChristoGinger
    Free Member

As above really,

anyone used the maxxis Larson tyres in either normal or Lust versions. The lust versions are nearly double the weight so I wanna know if its worth it or not…. looking at 1.9 or 2.0 for doing the WHWlater this year.

they'll be getting ghetto'd either way:)
    Cheers

Christo

DezB
    Free Member

I used UST rather than LUST. Fab tyres. Lasted ages, one puncture and they'll be going back on when the dry weather is more permanent.

tragically1969
    Free Member

I have used them on my SS all year round, pretty good grip in all but the wettest\muddiest conditions, perfect trail centre tyre. I also like the rounded profile, seems to suit my riding, non UST\LUST though.

br
    Free Member

I've currently got a non-LUST 2.35 running tubeless on the rear of my HT, nice and fast rolling, reasonably light but quite tough.

ChristoGinger
    Free Member

Cheers guys, I usually have high roller single ply non usts's but given the weight of the larson non-ust version I was a little concerned they may not be overly tough.

thomthumb
    Free Member

they are a lot thinner walled than the HRs

mine didn't last long ghettoed.

i'd reccomend you get a LUST.

vrapan
    Free Member

I had Crossmark Exceptions tubeless, brilliantly fast and light but lasted me all of two rides before some flint opened an one and a half inch hole on my side wall.

Running LUST now but you can definitely feel the difference. I am not sure the single ply is going to be much thicker than the exception on either Larsons or Crossmarks but I'd give it a go. I am very tempted actually to use a light weight tube with the Exceptions.

balfa
    Free Member

Yeah the sidewalls are pants on the normal ones. I had a sidewall spontaneously split whilst the bike was sitting upside down after one ride! Certainly wouldn't want to run them Ghetto'd

Inbred456
    Free Member

Bought some folding 2.0's non lust from merlin last year £14 pound each. Good tyre but I would of liked to try a pair of 2.3's but couldn't find any at a reasonable price.

jemima
    Free Member

Another one with shredded side walls here on 2.35" non-(L)UST Larsens. Seem a bit flimsy…

simonm
    Free Member

do they roll well ? CRC sent me one in error and I'm still deciding wether to keep it and try it or return it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Larsson TT 's tyres to LUST or not to LUST ? What they like?’ is closed to new replies.