Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Larsen TT 2.0
  • SBrock
    Free Member

Running high rollers on my Heckler at the min Single Ply 2.35 60a rear & 42a front, I use this combo in the Peaks and am happy with it but when I go to trail centers I need something a bit faster rolling.

Would a Larsen TT 2.0 kevlar on the rear with a High Roller 2.35 60a up front be a resaonable improvement?

Also how do Larsen come up with size compared to high rollers? my 2.35 are quite skinny.

thanks guys!

simonm
    Free Member

Small block 8 2.1 is nice for trail centres…in fact I've been riding it in the Peak recently (as recently as last night) and find them great in the dry.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I have a 60a High Roller on the front and a Larson tt on the back also 60a. Both are 2.35 and the Larson comes up smaller than the High Roller that could just be knob size tho. Not done much riding with the Larson but so far it seems to be much faster than the 60a High Roller I had on the back before but only slightly less grippy. The lack of grip shows itself where you would expect, in the wet although it seemed to cope no worse than either of my mates High Rollers at a very wet UK Bike Park a few weeks ago. So far I have been there and also doing a spot of DH at cannock chase and also a few rides in the local park and not crashed due to the tyre slipping out despite hitting some pretty wet roots much to fast going round corners.

HTH

epicsteve
    Free Member

I used the Larsen 2.0's on my Epic for a while and I found they worked surprisingly well even in wet & muddy conditions, as well as being quite fast rolling.

The 2.0 is pretty narrow.

SBrock
    Free Member

ok thanks to your replys not sure wether to go for a 2.35 or 2.00 there is a weight difference of over 100g! Or will the better rolling resistance out-weigh the weight?

devs
    Free Member

On hard pack you will really notice the difference in speed. The Larsen is great for everything except braking where the surface is loose or breaks away and in mud. Mine out performed my pal's Highroller on a really wet rooty climb the other day but some of that may also be down to pressure and my lardy weight and <ahem> superior technique. You do realise though that as soon as you change over the winter will arrive in the form of wet muddy trails.

pinches
    Free Member

i have been running a 2.35 high roller up front and a laren 2.0 out the back and its a great combo. i don't find they come up that skinny they're not far off the same as my high roller width wise.

they work really well though, suprisingly good in the wet too and i ran 40psi all round

Spud

I recently bought a 2.35 60a Larsen for my Motolite and it's bigger than the 2.35 HR I run on it. So much so that it came straight off and is sat in a box.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Larsen TT 2.0’ is closed to new replies.