Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Largest volume fast rolling tyre to go on 717s
  • JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Currently have Noby Nics in 2.1 but they are rather skinny.
    Like the Nics but could do with a bit more cushioning,but still want something lightish,becuse they are on a racy hardtail.
    Will NN 2.25s go on 717s or are their other 2.1s that are sized A BIT bigger,that will do the job?
    Was also thinking ot MOuntain King 2.2,or Small Block 8s in 2.1.
    There seems to be disparity between the rim sticker and Mavic`s website as to what is the max tyre size,eg:2.1 or 2.3

jonb
    Free Member

I ran 2.3" tyres on mine for years until I moved somewhere muddy.

I have since run 2.2 when I've been going to trailcentres.

You'll be fine running 2.3 IMO

Baldysquirt

I used to run 2.35 Kendas on mine with no issues. You'll be fine.

grievoustim
    Free Member

I run NN and RR 2.25 happily on 717s – NNs are quite narrow in 2.1, and the 2.25s aren't that big eigher

I much prefer them in that size – like you I found the 2.1s too skinny

Mof
    Free Member

Maxxis Aspen 2.25, worth a look. I like mine. Lightish, fast rolling and a good size.

Have run 2.3 conti speed kings. They do have a down side though

Northwind

Yeah, I ran 2.35 Nevegals and Blue Grooves on mine, not a problem- the profile was slightly off but they rode just fine, with high pressures it's noticable but with normal pressures I can't really tell the difference between how these tyres feel on my 717s or on my traversees. And Kenda's 2.35s are pretty big.

So, I think maybe the answer is a 2.35 Small Block 8. Not exactly light, but super fast.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Largest volume fast rolling tyre to go on 717s’ is closed to new replies.