Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • large(r) Saddle packs/bags
  • mickyfinn
    Free Member

I’ve found myself looking at Saddle packs recently. My commuting bike is all racked up, but I have a new not quite road bike and my mountain bike which I could do with being able to add some luggage too on occaision.

I quite like the holster type which takes a dry bag. Why? I like the idea of being able to just whip the bag off the bike (leaving the holster in place) which in my experience makes it much easier to go rooting around for stuff. Although the new Ortlieb looks fab but probably too large for my intended overnight type use.

The Restrap looks good, what else do people have experience with/can reccomend?

whitestone
    Free Member

How large?

I’ve the 4 litre Ortlieb bag which uses a mounting fixed to the saddle rails so it can be easily attached/removed. Once you go bigger than this then for off-road I’d look at the Wildcat Tiger or similar: harness that attaches to the saddle & post with a dry bag you put into it. For on-road look at the Carradice SQR.

mickyfinn
    Free Member

Overnight Bivvy kit max (I also have a medium frame bag)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    whitestone
    Free Member

Cheapest would be an Alpkit tapered Airlok dry bag just strapped to the seat and post. It’s big enough for bivy kit outside winter. It also fits into a Wildcat harness.

mickyfinn
    Free Member

The Wildcat harness looks like it might be quite flexi and sway on any bumpy stuff. Is it stiffer than it looks?

theboyneeds
    Free Member

I got a PDW Bindle. Very adaptable.

whitestone
    Free Member

The Wildcat harness (if you mount it according to the instructions) is pretty solid. There’s obviously some movement but it’s not noticeable when you are riding, most I’ve had in it is somewhere in the 2 – 3Kg range.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘large(r) Saddle packs/bags’ is closed to new replies.