Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Large volume road/touring 29er tyres
  • letmetalktomark

I’m looking at repurposing my Fortitude as an experiment.

Looking at the 2.35″ Schwalbe BA or the same size Super Moto tyres.

Ideally they would be compatible with my Dually rim on the front as I haven’t a spare wheel.

Any thoughts on the above or other suggestions?

fin25
    Free Member

I’ve got an inbred 29er with 2.35 Super Moto’s on it. I really like them, they have masses of volume and roll really nicely on tarmac. Have had them on Alexrims Supra 35mm rims on my 2015 Longitude, it was a right hoot. I would advise to get them up tubeless, as they are a bit vulnerable to punctures (a fair trade off for the weight saving over Big Apples though).

GregMay
    Free Member

Schwalbe do a set of BIG Marathon PLus tyres – can’t remember the exact size – used them in Cuba – they look like this on a Fargo – i think they were about 2.1?

[url=https://flic.kr/p/u2oxSX]IMGP6506.jpg[/url] by Greg.May, on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/gp/13995637@N08/gr17H5

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jameso

Big apple 2.0s on P35s, supermoto touring. 2.35s on 45mm rims should be ok too. These were set up tubeless but a bit leaky at the bead – would go for SuperMotos if they are more reliable, for a lighter cushier ride.

vondally
    Free Member

GregMay…can I ask where the picture was taken.

wicki
    Free Member

Yes you can ask!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Clement XPLOR 40c MSO’s..

theboyneeds
    Free Member

I have a Shwalbe BA 2.35 spare if you need. It’s new and is the old tread type. Got it through an ordering balls up as i run them on my 29er ss in road configuration…

Email in my profile if you want to get in touch.

irc

The Marathon Supreme comes in a 700×50 size. Fast rolling, comfy, and puncture resistant. I used the 700×37 version and only got one puncture between California and Florida.

officerfriendly
    Free Member

Maxxis Grifter comes in 2.5″ and isn’t that heavy either, though that may be too big!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Large volume road/touring 29er tyres’ is closed to new replies.