Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Large volume 29" tubeless tyres?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Around 2.3″ width

What are the good options?

scandal42
    Free Member

Geax Gato 2.3 TNT have decent volume.

Nice prices as well.

whitestone
    Free Member

Bontrager XR4 2.35″ come up pretty big and are easy to set up tubeless.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Olly
    Free Member

Took the Hotwheels plastic rubber queens off my five 29, replaced them with HansDamfs.

Really really pleased. Accidentally bought the top ones. soft compounds,designed spcifically for ghetto tubless. Went up very easily before Christmas, haven’t touched them since

2.35s.

Was tempted with a magic mary on the front, but dont feel like i need it.
    wont be going back to conti for some time i dont think.

Gotama
    Free Member

Vittoria Bomboloni? 😉

More seriously all Schwalbe tyres in 2.35 are pretty big. Worth going for the tougher casing (think its called super gravity) if you’re riding relatively hard and want to run low pressures. I found hans dampf useless in muddy/soft conditions albeit good on hard bike park runs. Would personally go magic mary up front and something else in the back depending on whether you want semi slick or grip. The Trail King in 2.4 is big volume and I don’t have any complaints in black chilli as a rear tyre. Haven’t run one as a front though. The Ardent 2.4 is also a big tyre albeit again I’ve only run that as a rear.

thesurfbus
    Free Member

Hans Dampf 2.35 are big, got a pair for sale too…

mboy
    Free Member

Magic Mary or Minion DHF on the front, Rock Razor or Minion SS on the rear. Job done.

Hans Dampfs are universally the most underwhelming tyre I’ve ridden, followed closely by the Nobby Nic.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Ardent 2.4 is hooge.

BillOddie

2.3 aren’t large volume but maybe my perception is skewed.

2.4 ardent and 2.5 minion DHF come up hooooooge.

You could go 2.25 ardent and 2.3 minion dhf if clearance is an issue.

STATO
    Free Member

2.4 ardent and On-one chunky monkey are the biggest 29er ive tried (as in they rub the mudguard on my Pikes). The Chunky Monkey is a bit lacking on grip compared to the Ardent though, but is half the price.

The Rock Razor is a good big rear tyre too, much more grip in 29er form than you would expect but not sure how long that will last as it seems to be wearing quite quick.

Shackleton

Dhr2 is an excellent front in damp to dry and rear in loose and/or wet. Pair with a shorty at the front in wetter/softer conditions and another dhr2 or ardent 2.25 in the rear in the dry. Sorted

bigjim

WTB Vigilante is so big it rubs my frame when new

Northwind

What’s it actually to do?

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Thanks all

Right now I want something for summer but happy to switch to different tyres for the winter

Not trail centres, more Peak district stuff

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Large volume 29" tubeless tyres?’ is closed to new replies.