Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Large diameter lock on grips suggestions
  • fr0sty125
    Free Member

My current lock on grips that I had to buy in an emergency are too small and causing me extra strain to grip them.

They are Funn Combat II I think 30mm

Any suggestions for replacements?

uphillcursing
    Free Member

I am a big fan of Oury grips among others. They are different to most MTB ones but in a good way I feel.

Suspect I will come in for some ridicule for this but a fan I am.

CheesybeanZ

Odi rogue , big grippy and good all day .

Yetiman
    Free Member

Another vote for Oury. I’ve just fitted a set, and they feel really good despite the rather strange looking design.

packer
    Free Member

I also like Oury. They seem to be the biggest diameter out there.

nuke

+1 Oury Lockons on all my bikes. On-One sell them…
    http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/BTOULO/oury-lock-on-grips

wukfit
    Free Member

I’ve got Lizard skins Northshore which are 33mm and I like them
    http://shop.lizardskins.com/products/lock-on-northshore-grip

MSP

The oury grips are a bit odd IMO, the knurled bit on the inside ruins them and basically reduces the size of the grips, if they just had the big blocks right up to the end they would be great, but because of that I prefer odi rogues.

rocketman
    Free Member

ODI Rogue
    Race Face Strafe

cookeaa

+1 for Oury again…

I have the Ourys on my HT and Superstar Excel on My SS and I much prefer the Oury, both are thick section lock on grips, but the Oury grips seem softer in use they have more of the profile cut away (rectangular blocks with deep channels in between) which seem to help them deform a bit better…

Bagstard
    Free Member

Forget about lockons and get some esi chunky or extra chunky. You can ride all day with no gloves and wont get blisters, can’t recommend them enough! No real drama to fit or re-fit either.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Lizard skin north shore lock ons for me too…size 12+ hands.

binners

Suggsey+1

I’ve got hands like the gibbon that I am. And I find Lizard Skin North Shore are ideally chunky for the more Neanderthal gentleman

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Doubtless I’ll be ridiculed for this but I rather like my *cough*superstar*cough* excel grips, 34x150mm, free haribo and cheap as chips.

Clobber
    Free Member

As Above really, lizard skin northshore, oury and my favourite ESI Extra Chunky

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’ve got large paws and have tried quite a few different grips over the years, however two stand out for me – Lizard Skins Chargers, which mould nicely to your hands and are extremely comfy on long rides and ODI Vans grips, which are nice and chunky.

_daveR
    Free Member

I tried the ESI grips and really liked them. They do damage easily, but I find them very comfortable and don’t get any numbness.

I do fancy a custom Grey/Gold set of Northshores though.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Large diameter lock on grips suggestions’ is closed to new replies.