Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Large capacity flash drive – all a much of a muchness?
  • letmetalktomark

Afternoon All,

I appreciate you reading this most exiting of posts 🙂

I currently back up my computer stuff to an external hard drive (Time Machine). To be honest I only really have music and pictures.

Whilst this may seem like expecting the worst I wanted to back up my pictures to a third medium ….. just in case.

Looking at getting a 8gb plus drive.

Any suggestions/recommendations?

Cheers,

MArk

jeffl

Some are slightly slower/faster at reading and writing data. But I’ve always just got them when I’ve seen a good. Deal Not too worried about the speed of a thumb drive as it’s not normally huge files just an assortment of smaller files that you access now and again. Well for me it is anyway.

derp
    Free Member
    breatheeasy
    Free Member

Write to DVD maybe as the ‘third way’?

brassneck

I’ve had a few cheap ones as freebies that have corrupted for no good reason, so if you want another backup I’d pay a couple of quid more for something branded.

derp
    Free Member

Write to DVD maybe as the ‘third way’?

Physical media? Pffft….go back to the noughties granddad!

letmetalktomark

Cheers for the comments folks.

Had thought about the DVD way but would prefer flash drive.

Will look into the branded ones now 🙂

cp

plenty of them here. unless you regularly transfer huge (Gb’s worth) of data, it’s not worth worrying about speeds.

lots here:-

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/default.php?cat=6&type=6070&man=0&filterwords=8gb&go=SEARCH&comp=&page=1&sort=3a

Cougar

Avoid random brands, they will fail. Stick to Sandisk etc.

Avoid excessively cheap bargains, especially from Chinese eBay types. Counterfeit cards are very common, as are cards that have been hacked to report a higher capacity than they actually are (so your 16Gb card works fine until you go past 64Mb, then it craps out).

nickjb
    Free Member

Just bought 16Gb sandisk flash drive for £13 on Play.com, seems OK.

kimbers

i have one of these put it thru the washing machine twice now 😳

still works fine!

CountZero
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Large capacity flash drive – all a much of a muchness?’ is closed to new replies.