Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Large, bright coloured tiles. Where from?
  • nickjb
    Free Member

Looking at splash back options for one bit of the kitchen. Not keen on small tiles and glass is a bit spendy so I’ve been looking at large tiles. Three 600mm tiles will do it but I can’t find any in bright colours other than some sparkly ones which aren’t really right. About every shade of beige and grey but nothing coloured. Where can I look for something like this?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Three 600m tiles will do it

Assuming you mean 600mm square?

Good luck with that.
    They’ll likely need to be floor tiles at that size if you can find any at all which tend to be quite drab. They’ll be spectacularly heavy to hang on the wall as well.

You want either smaller tiles or some sort of wall board instead like Altro Whiterock or Respatex

Stoner
    Free Member
    nickjb
    Free Member

600mm square, or 600×300 would work OK.

I looked at the altro whiterock chameleon which is OK colour wise but I’m not convinced about the durability. I’ve got a piece of PVC up at the moment, just an offcut from a project and that really isn’t up to the job.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I looked at the altro whiterock chameleon which is OK colour wise but I’m not convinced about the durability.

There’s a reason they spec Whiterock for industrial kitchens and hospitals.
    It’s harder than a woodpeckers lips and much easier to clean than tiles.

wwaswas

I used these guys.

http://glasssplashbacksuk.com/

Was £212 for this plus enough upstand to do another two worktops the same length as the one you can see. Given ease of fitting it worked out no worse than tiles really and they’ll do any RAL colour you can think of.

nickjb
    Free Member

There’s a reason they spec Whiterock for industrial kitchens and hospitals.
    It’s harder than a woodpeckers lips and much easier to clean than tiles.

Maybe they make the samples out of something else because they scratch really easily.

senorj

Coloured glass as suggested above.We did what wwaswas did in our old place.
    Loads of clear sealant and bobs your uncle…

wooobob

We went for these tiles instead of glass, I think it looks more interesting, but still bright and modern.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Large, bright coloured tiles. Where from?’ is closed to new replies.