Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Large bike bag.
  • majorspaniel

Afternoon collective hive mind,

Does anyone know of bike bags Taht accept large bikes?
    I have a S6 Stumpjumper Evo and am struggling to find one to fit, I’ve tried a friends Evoc bag and the frame is roughly 20-25mm too long! Wheelbase is 1319mm.

Thanks.

vmgscot

Not all EVOCs are same – worth checking on their website as I remember a table showing the different models and years as dimensions have even changed for same model over the years

oikeith

They do two sizes of Evoc, was your friends the XL or normal size? I guess letting all the air out of the fork and compressing the shock wouldnt get it into the Evoc bag?

EDIT: The Pro bag does up to 1300mm wheelbase, the S6 is listed as 1319mm so still slightly too long!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

The crc wiggle Pro ones may fit 1400mm.

On an aside, how is the stumpy? Trying to find one in s6 to test ride and struggling! ah, evo, never mind

honourablegeorge

Evoc Pro fits my Geometron G16 at 1324 wheelbase

Two things – turn your fork so it faces backwards, and if necessary, let the air out of your fork. I do the former, so don’t need to do the latter, but you can shorten your wheelbase a lot that way. Also the option of unbolting your shock which shortens even further.

trusty

the Polaris Axial Pod Bike Bag should do – mine fits a gen 3 large RocketMAX with no issues and a mate has put his XL (XXL?) Pole into his.

duncancallum

Polaris is a bit bigger than an evoc

vmgscot

Here’s the table I saw….

Until Season 2018: BIKE TRAVEL BAG PRO inside: 130 x 27 x 78 cm (maximum wheel base: 124 cm)

From Season 2019: BIKE TRAVEL BAG PRO inside: 136 x 27 x 80 cm (maximum wheel base: 130 cm)

Until Season 2018: BIKE TRAVEL BAG inside: 128 x 27 x 78 cm (maximum wheel base: 122 cm)

From Season 2019: BIKE TRAVEL BAG inside: 130 x 27 x 80 cm (maximum wheel base: 126 cm)

From Season 2021: BIKE BAG PRO inside: 147 x 36 x 85 cm (maximum wheel base: 130 cm)

From Season 2021: BIKE BAG inside: 138 x 36 x 85 cm (maximum wheel base: 126 cm)

ROAD BIKE BAG PRO: inside: 130 x 92 x 53 cm (maximum wheel base: 112 cm)

majorspaniel

Cheers guys, tops hive mind as usual! Will try my friends again as I still have it, this time I’ll try compressing the fork/shock and see how it goes.

duncancallum

I’ve a polaris in sw Scotland you could borrow

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.