Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • LarderShelvesWorld.com
  • siwhite
    Free Member

Mrs SiWhite has decided that she would like a whole shed-load of shelves in the larder in our new gaff. She is thinking of lots of shallow shelves (just deep enough for a kilner jar or a tin of Treacle…) from floor to ceiling – maybe a shelf every five or six inches.

The larder is about 4 feet by 10 feet – but only about 4 feet by 5 feet of standing room owing to a sloping ceiling (we call it the larder – in reality it’s a cupboard-under-the-stairs-off-the-kitchen.)

I don’t fancy hundreds of little shelf supports – what is a recommended construction method? I was thinking of sheets of 18mm (..or whatever size..) ply attached to the walls, with 18mm slots routed horizontally – shelves would fit snugly into these slots and be glued / screwed to support.

Any better / cheaper / easier ideas? I have a router and a circular handheld saw.

stufive
    Free Member

U could do the same with MDf screw and glue the shelves in place from behind then fix the MDF to the wall with shelves aready in place? There not going to hold tons of weight like this though

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘LarderShelvesWorld.com’ is closed to new replies.