Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Laptoptrackworld.. what laptop…..?
  • wolfenstein
    Free Member

what Windows based laptop that have the same retina (ish) display or better? thanks

Im kinda too old to relearn Mac OS believe me, I’ve tried 😕

WackoAK
    Free Member

It’s been asked a few times recently, Cougar will be along shortly to advise on a Levono 4xx series.

I’ve got a Lenovo U430 that has a 1920 x 1080 screen and it’s ace.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Lenovo Yogo 2 & the new 3 both exceed the retina display as does the Samsung ATIV.
    Microsoft Surface I think does too and doubles as a digitizer too if that’s your thing.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

is the display in that Lenovo really bright and sharp like the Iphones 5 et al? … had photos on my holiday and whilst viewing it in my kids Macbook the colours are awesome and when I transfer it to my PC colours becomes dull 🙁

craigxxl
    Free Member

More retina beating laptops.

“We can’t confirm this, but we suspect the Yoga 2 Pro uses the same 3,200 x 1,800, 350-nit display we first saw on the Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus. Which would be great news indeed: This panel is among the best in its class, right up there with the MacBook Pro’s Retina display. Not only is it incredibly sharp, but also the 72 percent color gamut ensures tones are vibrant without being oversaturated. The viewing angles are also wide, thanks to IPS technology and some very effective low-glare coating.”
    Source

wolfenstein
    Free Member

craig, you’re a star. cheers

cp

Dell xps 15 has a very high res – 3200×1800

shuhockey
    Free Member

About to hit the buy button on this Lenovo Z50-70 from John Lewis £630 -(VAT cash back, so about £525) any reason not to? Seems great value.
    Lenovo Z50-70
    i7 dual core
    8gb ram
    1tb +8 gb SSD
    1920 x 1080 pixels

Anything else I should be looking for?
    Also whats the best cheap photo sorting minor editing software (Lightroom??) have sony pmb on the old laptop and its crap.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Laptoptrackworld.. what laptop…..?’ is closed to new replies.