Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • laptops for kids….and for dad to borrow
  • white101

Want to get my daughter a laptop. Have been looking at an Acer 5738 from the local Currys. I no not much about them (got mine from work, so if its lighter than a small car it must be good is my yardstick)

Don't need it for games, just photo storage, her music and the net. And of course the fair amount of homework she gets from school.

Anybody got any views or recommends?

retro83
    Free Member

looks fine for what you want

GlenMore
    Free Member

Any small laptop will be fine for what you're after. Consider some sort of external disk drive for backing up photos and pictures (and homework) though. What sort of software do they use at school? Good idea to factor that in too.

Personally, I'd always opt for a Dell, but that's based on a few years experience of the equipment and service quality.

white101

She has a brand new netbook the school gave her at the beginning of this term to replace the heavy laptops they had. The school also use Macs for art and music. Thing is she can't use the netbook at home as its school network only. The software is all windows stuff. Couldn't stretch to a mac

snakebite
    Free Member

Its also worth checking backup wise what your ISP provides. BT offer a digital vault thing, useful for storage, back up etc, and can be accessed from anywhere. Ditto the Del, I need two for Xmas cos I know they can't share anything!!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘laptops for kids….and for dad to borrow’ is closed to new replies.