Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Laptop touchpad problem with youtube
  • AndyPaice
    Free Member

My laptop touchpad has been playing up for a while after going on youtube or vimeo. It doesn't stop working totally but the vertical scroll function stops working while the click and mouse pointer still work. It sometimes clears up after an hour or so of being off youtube/vimeo or sometimes have to restart to cure it.

Only ever happens on youtube/vimeo, using Firefox. Could it be Flashdance on Firefox and the fact that youtube / vimeo seem to run on flash that are causing problems?

Any other ideas it's getting annoying having to use the cursor key for vertical scrolling?

tomdebruin
    Free Member

Have you checked for a driver update for the touchpad?

Drac

Try updating your drivers.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/15103-latest-synaptics-touchpad-drivers/

They might do it if yours is the synaptics one.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

Ta,

i've never updated drivers in the two years I've had the laptop (Asus A7 series). Not really sure how to do it. Laptop had Asus live update installed when I got it but it never did anything and didn't seem to work?

What do I do with the new driver? Is it like an exe file that you run and it installs itself?

Drac

Pretty much but get them from the Asus site to make sure they're the right ones.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

latset drivers on the Asus site are 2007 which is 6 months previous to when I bought the laptop.

I'm guessing there are no new drivers? It's this laptop btw:

http://uk.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=Onn9jeoIHK1jcmUi

AndyPaice
    Free Member

Another thing I've noticed while looking on the Asus site is that my laptops processor is 64 bit? Does that mean I can run a 64 bit OS? Will a 64 bit OS be faster or just use more resources?

Thanks for the help 🙂

Drac

Ok but I'd say it uses the synpatic touchpad so try one of the recent drives in link up there for your version of windows.

Drac

If you have 3gb+ of memory then worth installer Windows 7 64bit don't bother with Vista 64bit it's shocking.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

Only got 2 gig ram, and vista home premium. guess I'll stay with that set up.

cheers

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Laptop touchpad problem with youtube’ is closed to new replies.