Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Laptop speakers – recomendations please
  • teenrat

Ive just got a new laptop and want to get some good speakers to use with it. I’ll be listening to spotify etc. My brother has a jawbone jambox which is good but what others are there. Any recomendations?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Harmon Kardon sound sticks , £120?

Logitech Bluetooth adapter from Currys, £25

Nice sounds from laptop to sound sticks without the wires.

Wicked looking things too

teenrat

cheers.Not heard of them before but I like the look of them!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chrssmale
    Free Member

Had my soundsticks II for about 7 years now. Amazing sound for the price.

It was this review years ago that sold me. He compared them against a $150k sound system!!!

http://www.atpm.com/10.04/soundsticks.shtml

My only grumbles would be that there is no power switch, so unless unplugged from the wall the blue LED in the bass is always on. Although it had got more faint over time. Also due to the shape of the bass bin, it can become a morgue for dead bugs and things. Though a quick blast from my coke bottle tyre compressor usually flushes them out.
    My main complaint would be that the cables are hard wired to the satellite speakers, one side is like a normal jack, whilst the other is its own style plug due to having to carry volume control.

If I needed another pair of speakers, I think these would still be top of my list.

binno
    Free Member

cost aside, they bowers and silkens pc speakers i use in the office have replaced my hifi. Sound great, no sub woofer, small foot print.

Some PC speakers sound to intense, harsh to my ears. Great for a short burst, but not any good for long duration listening. The b&W’s are excellent through and through, you’ll hear sounds in your favourite songs you never knew existed.

🙂

BigJohn

I use a single Minirig for use with laptop, phone, portable DAB radio when working, camping etc.

They are amazing little things.

TiRed

I thought I’d be the last Bose apologist on Earth, but bought some Companion 20 speakers and (unlike most Bose speakers) are very good for near field. They have even received excellent reviews from Bose haterz. Mains only, so may not be what you are after.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Not sure I would trust that review as it signs off with “Happy April Fool’s Day.”

teenrat

I went for a jawbone jambox in the end as i know they are good. However im very tempted by those in Hounourable Georges post as well. Worth a punt at that price!

iain1775
    Free Member

I’ve got the soundscience ones from honarablegeorges post after a recommendation on another thread on here about 4 months ago
    Great sound for the price, can’t complain at all really

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Laptop speakers – recomendations please’ is closed to new replies.