Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Laptop problems!
  • bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

I’ve only had it since Friday. Used the internet (this forum) listened to two YouTube videos and then shut it down.
    Turned on today, it boots up to login screen, password put in then fan noise, hdd clicking and a black screen.
    Turned it on and off, battery out, booted in safe mode to a black screen, currently waiting for it to run back to original settings it’s on 14% since 1930.

Laptops a HP Pavilion with Intel I3 processor.

Bought from Pc world on Friday.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

HD kaput?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Go back to PC world with it tomorrow morning.

seosamh77
    Free Member

wysiwyg – Member
    HD kaput?

yip, return.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Working tomorrow. It was bought by my mum as a gift (yes I’m a spoilt bratt) so Tuesday till we can go down.
    Just annoyed that the product is faulty. Had a hp desktop for years from Pc world and never had problems.
    Will they exchange it for the same product of similar price as I’ve seen a higher specced one for £10 more I5 2.4ghz as opposed to I3 2.1ghz.

seosamh77
    Free Member

dunno, tbh, but I’ve got the i5 2.6 version, 8 gig, 1tb, great computer. uninstall the beats audio driver though, it’s terrible.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just annoyed that the product is faulty. Had a hp desktop for years from Pc world and never had problems.

It happens, there is a failure curve, some things go pop early some last forever. It’s the good thing about a warranty. It will depend on the store and HP as they might want to just swap the disc or they could just replace. Just ask nicely.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Yeah my Mum has the I5 one and its awesomely fast. As I say had HP products in the past all from Pc world and this is the first major problem.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Reading the terms it says within 21 days exchange or refund after repair.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Seems to be working again after a full restore back to factory settings.

Cougar

I’d report it to PCW anyway, then if it dies on its arse in a couple of months you’ve got some ammo.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Laptop problems!’ is closed to new replies.