Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Laptop motherboard is dead. Any suggestions?
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

It’s a Lenovo 3000n200 that’s just died. The MB is properly dead but the rest is fine. To replace the MB seems very expensive, can any other be used? Or how can I access the data on its HDD?
    I can’t really buy a new one at the moment.
    HELP!

wwaswas

you can get a USB caddy for the HDD so you can connect to another PC- try Maplins (or ebay).

re: motherboard – you may be able to get a secondhand one – a bit of googling for places that repair Lenovo/IBM kit might be rewarded.

bassspine
    Free Member

is it 100% definitely the motherboard? How do you know?
    if so new MB is the only way ahead.

if you have another computer working you can use that and a caddy to transfer the data off.

I bought a new display for my HP lapdog off ebay and swapped them out myself, fiddly but not rocket science.

holyhutzpa
    Free Member

How do you know the MB is dead? Sure it’s not the power or something?

I might be able to help you out with getting the data off, I’ve to do the very same myself…

molgrips
    Free Member

Hairychested
    Free Member

Just brought it back from the shop where it was tested. The guy is good so I’ve no reason to think it’s anything else. The new MB is 250-300 Euro 🙁
    I’ll get the caddy for now, there are no MB’s on ebay it seems. I’ve no idea where to look apart from there.

bazzer
    Free Member
    Hairychested
    Free Member

Ais, will probably need to ask for your help.
    Bazzer, thanks a lot. Have spoken to them, they talk the talk but haven’t convinced me they walk the walk.

bazzer
    Free Member

I was hoping to get them to repair a motherboard on one of my Laptops.

I know what the problem is on my board but requires BGA soldering, they claim to be able to do that, so they do seem to be fully kitted out.

Bazzer

holyhutzpa
    Free Member

Hairychested – I’ve mail’d ya 🙂

Hairychested
    Free Member

I have emailed you back recently.
    Bazzer, it might depend on who you talk to but I didn’t like what the guy was saying.

Hohum
    Free Member

Mother boards aren’t cheap, eh?

Mine went recently and when I looked at all of the options I did opt for the replace option. Only problem was that the supplier of my laptop did not have one in stock and this was around the time when all of the flights were grounded due to the volcano so they sent for one on a slow boat from China! It took 12 weeks to arrive, grrr!

Good luck with getting yours sorted out!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Laptop motherboard is dead. Any suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.