Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Laptop miss-behaving…
  • spooky_b329

Got a few niggling problems with my laptop, wondering if anyone can give some pointers:

Often when I shut the computer down, it turns off and then restarts, several times in a row.

The laptop won’t allow me to safely disconnect my external drive. I’ve set Picassa to save directly to the drive so I can easily edit/add photos on either laptop or PC. It disconnects fine on the PC, on the laptop I have to shutdown before unplugging the drive. Problem exists even after I close all extra processes/task icons 🙁

Every now and then, the laptop will make the ‘bong/beep’ noise that you get when connecting and disconnecting a USB device. It’ll do it constantly for about 3 or 4 minutes before stopping. This is with no USB devices plugged in at all.

After connecting to a BT Fon wireless spot a couple of weeks ago, (think BT Openzone) whenever I turn the laptop on, it shows my wireless connection as having limited connectivity. Disconnecting and then reconnecting to the wireless router fixes it after a couple of attempts. Laptop isn’t normally taken out of the house so it is not using other wireless points between attempts.

Thanks for any advice 🙂

retro83
    Free Member

Every now and then, the laptop will make the ‘bong/beep’ noise that you get when connecting and disconnecting a USB device. It’ll do it constantly for about 3 or 4 minutes before stopping. This is with no USB devices plugged in at all.

Often when I shut the computer down, it turns off and then restarts, several times in a row.

These two sound like buggered hardware. Have you got the latest BIOS and firmware updates etc from your laptop manufacturer?

jedi

my laptop randomly loses wireless connection and i have to de install/install it to get it back

spooky_b329

I’ll try looking for updates, though the laptop is only 7 months old. It has flashed up a message about updating my wireless adaptor a couple of times but it did this before the connection problems started…and the link in the message didn’t work so I’ll look into that.

Thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Laptop miss-behaving…’ is closed to new replies.