Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Laptop keyboard .. Cleaned now fookd…..?
  • the_lecht_rocks

Keyboard now fookd after cleaning it. Keys sticking and wireless function key dead…. What can I do to fix it ?

Tia…

craigxxl
    Free Member

How did you clean it?

midlifecrashes

Jetwash?

cranberry
    Free Member

Despite the adverts, there are somethings that shouldn’t be cleaned with a bucket full of Flash.

Jamie
    Free Member

Jetwash?

Genuine lolz.

the_lecht_rocks

dettol wipes………..

cranberry
    Free Member

How did you clean it ? If you just wiped over the surface with some wipes I can’t see them causing much of a problem.

Did you remove the keys to clean under them ?

Might you have dislodged some crud that is now sticking under the keys ?

joemarshall
    Free Member

Assuming you didn’t take the keys off (in which case you’re probably screwed – laptop keyboards are a world of pain to put back together). it’s probably something under the keys that you.

Tip it on its side and shake a bit in case something is under it.

Or blow air on it somehow. If you have a hairdryer with a cold air mode, that might do it, or a lens cleaning puffer thing, basically anything that’ll let you produce a decent blow of air that isn’t damp or hot.

PiknMix
    Free Member

laptop keys are easy, if needs be have some tweezers to hand, slightly lift the key edge to see if the clip is top to bottom or left to right then gently pull the side that’s not attached.
    The carriers shouldn’t even come out of the keyboard pcb as they are fairly solid on most designs.

mogrim

Or blow air on it somehow. If you have a hairdryer with a cold air mode, that might do it, or a lens cleaning puffer thing, basically anything that’ll let you produce a decent blow of air that isn’t damp or hot.

If that fails get some canned air from a computer supplies place, and give it a good blast.

Something like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Blaster-Canned-Air-12/dp/B0001I91JM

(And canned air is nearly as bad as bottled water in the rip-off stakes…)

the_lecht_rocks

Tried all that, looks clean, no idea why some keys appear stuck…….. Bizarre…. Time for windows 8……..??????

chewkw
    Free Member

midlifecrashes – Member

Jetwash?

😆

You should use Cyber Clean like this.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WGZFHkG718[/video]

Cougar

Time for windows 8

You’re not going to fix hardware problems in software.

An air duster would get my vote. If you’ve tried that and it “doesn’t work”, replace the keyboard. Or rather, get someone to replace the keyboard for you.

the_lecht_rocks

By windows 8 I mean a new laptop…. Any recommendations ?

PiknMix
    Free Member

find a new kb and pop it in, its a two minute job.

4 screws underneath (usually) that will release the board from the cabinet,then pick keyboard up top centre and try and very gently release the sides from the holders.
    flip keyboard forward to expose ribbon cable (to get to the connector there is likely to be a metal plate with 4 or so screws in it).
    undo those to reveal the ribbon connector.

JD.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Laptop keyboard .. Cleaned now fookd…..?’ is closed to new replies.