Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Laptop charging woes
  • Harry_the_Spider

The charging socket on my laptop took a bit of a bang and now the connection is a bit hit and miss.

Can the socket be replaced or is it goosed?

In other news, I have a clumsy 9 year old for sale.

z1ppy

You can take them to pieces & re-solder the connection but it’s an arse of a job on the easy ones. Find a local repair shop (phone/tablet place not necessarily a computer shop) they’ll have done hundreds of times, unless you enjoy taking stuff to bits & are handy with a soldering iron

cp

As above. It’ll be doable, but it probably won’t be easy, it certainly won’t be a 5 minute job and you’ll need a fair skill with a soldering iron.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    deepreddave
    Free Member

Mine needs doing and it looks like it’s well hidden so plenty to remove hence it’s needed doing for a few months …

finishthat
    Free Member

Get it done – loose connections generate heat and further melt/damage the connectors.

molgrips
    Free Member

Can the socket be replaced or is it goosed?

As said. It’s doable but only if you’re handy with a soldering iron, screwdriver and fingernails. I’ve done a few.

However sometimes (but probably not the OP’s due to the knock) it’s actually the plug that’s become wonky somehow – the contacts inside the plug on mine are what’s wobbly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Laptop charging woes’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts