Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Laptop bag du jour?
  • randomjeremy
    Free Member

For the first time in forever it looks like I’ll have to buy a laptop bag rather than mug a friendly vendor for one. It’s a well known fact that STWers ply their trade as computer jockeys, so what does everyone recommend?

RJ

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Large black Timbuk2

Laptop-specific bags just scream “steal me!” IMO.

clunker

I have some marketing ones with a well know IT brand on it, would fit a 15″ laptop…pm your welcome to one for the cost of postage or collection from Cannock Chase

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    whatnobeer
    Free Member

Bob.l.bee

I’ve had one of these for about 8 years now and it still going strong. Brilliant bit of kit.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

@clunker thanks for the offer but need one for a 17 incher 🙂

geoffj

Patagucci critical mass

Cougar

Last laptop bag I bought, 17″, I had fairly exacting requirements. Only one that fit the bill was an “Everki Style” or some such. It’s perfect.

Prior to that, I’d been a big fan of Targus and Tech-Air. I’ve got a Targus laptop bag that I currently use for work, easily ten years old and still going strong.

colournoise

Tried a fair few ‘traditional’ style laptop bags over recent years (Antler, Targus, Animal, Billabong, etc.) but never really got on with any of them.

Use one of these now.

slainte 8) rob

TiRed

Ortlieb downtown QL3. On and off the bike.

turboferret

Crumpler are really nice, I have a Bucktaker, not sure if that’s still in the current range. I needed a big one for my massive 17 incher 😀

Cheers, Rich

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Brenthaven.

richiebruce
    Free Member

@coulornoise. Hi Rob, Im a newbie here and with mountain biking in general. I am trying to PM you but cant seem to figure out how to do it. So forgive me for butting into this thread.
    I notice you mentioned on another dead thread you had the merrell refuge pro ventilator GTX and just wanted to ask you if they could be used on a mountian bike for commutting. Are the soles grippy enough? I have a pair of five tens for my newbie trail riding 🙂 but i have bought the merrell for my 7 mile commute and other urban use and im awaiting delivery. Would they be any use or would the just keep slipping off my pedals. I have easton flatboy pedals by the way as i dont feel ready for clipless.Again,sorry for busting in on this thread.
    Regards, Richie

colournoise

(OT) Richie – Don’t think I’ve ever ridden in my Merrells so this is just a gut reaction. I reckon they would be OKish for road commuting on flats but wouldn’t want to do anything too rough with them. Merrell soles are great for walking but aren’t the grippiest rubber – that and the big tread pattern means I don’t think they would work brilliantly with flat pedal pins.

having said that, the Ventilators are great all-round walking/urban/loafing shoes.

I tend to commute in my 5-10s and change footwear at work.

HTH.

slainte 🙂 rob

CountZero

I was looking at these bags in Bath recently, http://missionworkshop.com/
    Started by the people who made Chrome messenger bags. Expensive, but beautifully made, and superb attention to detail. Lifetime guarantee, apparently. Lots of very neat features as well.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

If you want something smart then http://www.knomobags.com/ are very good.

metal_leg
    Free Member

Pakuma Choroka K1

Had mine for years. Strap got mauled in a car door recently and Pakuma have put a replacement in the post for free. Laptop padded section is fab.

matth75
    Free Member

+1 for ^ 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Laptop bag du jour?’ is closed to new replies.