Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Laptop & external monitor problem
  • swisstonyswiss
    Free Member

Do any of you clever people know about laptops and external monitors ?

I have a Vaio and have been using the laptop screen and an external screen at the same time. Now i have bought a port replicator, which has a VGA port and a DVI-D port on the back.

Can use two these ports and two external monitors or does the laptop monitor need to be used ??????????

Drac

It should work as long as it’s showing the same as least one of the other monitors, if you using it expand the desktop you may just have to use one monitor with it.

simon_g

Our HPs have docking stations with two ports – you can use both, each driving a separate monitor. I think the internal display switches off if you’re driving both externals though.

swisstonyswiss
    Free Member

Hi, i have connected both monitors but only seem to be able to get one of the screens working at a time + the laptop screen. The laptop screen does not seem to turn off automatically and send the signal to the two external screens ?

Drac

With the Vaio is there not short cut keys along the top change the output source, mine’s dead so can for sure.

swisstonyswiss
    Free Member

Hi Drac

Yes it does have the short cut keys but changing between the output sources only seems to choose one of the external monitors and / or the laptop screen. There does not seem to be an option for turning the screen off and running the two external monitors

Drac

Ah sorry couldn’t remember.

It’ll be in your display option in control panel.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Laptop & external monitor problem’ is closed to new replies.