Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Lappierre Spicy 2010 frame- what's it worth?
  • frogrocket
    Free Member

Thinking of changing my frame but just wondering what it’s worth before I go ahead:

Medium sized 2010 Spicy (160mm travel)
    VGC – no big crashes, so no dings, helitaped from new
    Basic Fox Float R rear shock but with Corset air sleeve upgrade (v.nice!)
    KCNC pressfit BB (new last week)
    Hope headset
    Bearings serviced by NWMB in spring

I’ve upgraded pretty much everything on it, so could either sell as frame only or jumble together some old bits and bobs to resemble the old spec

Any advice appreciated and interest welcome

sandwicheater

I’d love you long time for it. Oh, and a bag of twiglets. No cupping.

Stoner
    Free Member

I bid half a bag of Werthers originals and a rusty trombone

br
    Free Member

You might get £400, maybe price it at £450?

Although did that age of Lapierre have a ‘cracking’ issue?

frogrocket
    Free Member

No cracks, have ridden it pretty hard in all sorts of places and its always been rock solid. Just fancy some slightly more updated geometry and possibly a bit lighter. Might even shell out on something carbon…

Thanks for the advice br

tomhoward

If someone offers you £400, bite their arm off. I wouldn’t pay more than £200 for a 6 year old frame with known cracking issues.

99p no reserve on eBay….

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

I asked £75 for my 09 zesty frame in admittedly cosmetically tasty condition…

DavidB
    Free Member

Expect closer to £150 on ebay. I got just over £200 for a same year carbon zesty frame with a Fox fork…

frogrocket
    Free Member

OK good to get a different perspective, although I don’t think I’ll be going for 99p on ebay, as I think I’d rather take up the first 2 offers 😉

How’s about as complete build?

Marz 55 ti’s (2014) 170mm
    Stan’s Flow EX on Hope Pro 2s
    Renthal Fatbar lite 740mm
    RF stem
    Reverb
    WTB Rocket saddle
    Maxxis Minion/On One Smorgasord
    SLX double and bash 2×9 shifters and mech
    XT brakes and rotors
    DMR Vaults

All nicely taken care of and scrubs up well.

How much would you say….?

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

£500-£600 ish I reckon.

tomhoward

Has no one made you an offer yet?

frogrocket
    Free Member

Nope but this is more to see if I can afford something new or if I should just stick with it. It’s a pretty damn good all rounder so fine for what I do.

matt_outandabout

I just sold a poor condition carbon 914 frame with Fox RP3, new headset, old seatpin, with all new bearings and bushings, but needing a rear bolt heli-coiling for £90.

The market for 26″, straight steerer, probably quite well worn (despite efforts to look after) FS models (and one with a history of cracking swing arms and iffy bushing set up) is a small one, in my experience.

frogrocket
    Free Member

Yer I do wonder if I’ve missed the opportunity to get this updated. By updated I mean 2012-14 sort of period (ie. hang on to my 26′ wheels) without having to shell out loads and loads more.

Ah well, just back from 4 days riding the Spicy in Snowdonia and it’s still a hoot.

Just started scratching that itch and you know where that leads….

matt_outandabout

We are’wearing out’ all our 26″/straight steerer/3×9 bikes now. I will cannibalise for parts and keep that last few going for a couple more years.
    Mrs_OAB has just hung up her 16 year old Cannondale and ordered 650b Trek Superfly on cycle to work.
    I will get a new bike in Jan when car is paid off, on cycle to work.
    As the lads outgrow the two 17″ frames we have, I will be buying them ‘modern’ bikes, still secondhand, but aiming for a bike that will see them to 18 and their own cash on bikes…

frogrocket
    Free Member

TBH the bike doesn’t feel worn in any way, as I’ve only recently finished the upgrades and it had a refresh pre-trip, so it rides better than it ever has. The Marz forks are absolutely blinding which does make it a bit of a tank on descents.

I guess what I’d really like is more of a 29″ hardtail / ti / carbon lightweight XC trail thing and keep this for uplift/Alps etc.

But finances dictate a ‘one bike to rule them all’ approach for now…

timmys

When you sell it you might want to point out it has a 44 mm straight headtube which can take a tapered fork. It appears that most people still seem to think straight headtube = straight steerer for some reason.

frogrocket
    Free Member

Yep it’s got a tapered fork in it now. Was pretty chuffed to find out that worked. Front end came up slightly but has made the bike slightly slacker. Got low-rise bars too and going to drop the stem right down too to see if that feels better (1 spacer at mo).

Will probably just give those offset bushings a go – didn’t realise they were so cheap! Angleset might also end up in there but I’m loathe to take out the Hope headset as they’re mint.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Lappierre Spicy 2010 frame- what's it worth?’ is closed to new replies.