Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Lapland Christmas weekend
  • stevied
    Free Member

We’d like to take the girls (6 & 4 then) to Lapland for a weekend next Christmas.
    Anyone done it, any tips on who to book with etc would be gratefully received 🙂

rocketman
    Free Member

We went with a highly sceptical 7 year old and a suspicious 5 year old. Both of them came away with their suspicions confirmed and we never had to bother with ‘Santa’ ever again. Great success

The downside is Finland – in winter – is mind-blowingly grey, cold, dull and depressing.

HTH

jimdubleyou

The downside is Finland – in winter – is mind-blowingly grey, cold, dull and depressing.

If you wait a month or so for the proper winter, it’s just cold. We had fantastic weather when we visited Kiruna and Abisko earlier this year (Feb-ish).

Went ice-hotelling, dog-sledding, snowmobiling and aurora spotting.

No info on Santa, other than the brother in-law says it’s mind-blowingly expensive.

johndoh
    Free Member

it’s mind-blowingly expensive

This – my wife wants to do it – I maintain that it is a waste of money.

TheDTs
    Free Member

I saw photos of a friends trip.
    Looked a bit c{@p if you ask me.
    Skidooing for the 6 year old was, kid on skidoo flat out on the end of a 3m rope with a bloke stood in the middle tethering the rope. looked like they were in the hotel car park. Both looked a bit dizzy and effected by fumes!
    Raindeer farm didn’t look great either. Lots of bussing about to venues.
    They thought it was great, but you would say that if you had spent what they did.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Lapland Christmas weekend’ is closed to new replies.