Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • lapierre zesty/spicy rider weight limit??
  • renton
    Free Member

just reading online brochure for a lapierre and noticed they have a rider weight limit of 100kg???

how come they do this then when a lot of other manufacturers like spesh etc dont?

i know santa cruz used to on one of their bikes?

anyone on here riding a lapierre weighing more than 100kg?

druidh
    Free Member

renton – Member

anyone on here riding a lapierre weighing more than 100kg?I don’t think any of them are that heavy. 16Kg max I’d have thought???

mrben100
    Free Member

I rode a Spicy 316 2010 for a bit turned out to be the wrong bike so changed. I noticed the 100kg after I’d got it – I wsa about 105kg.

Sure it’s fine until something goes wrong – then might to go on crash diet before making a claim.

Now go with Trek and has a weight limit of 130kg – spose that’s the benefit of a bike being made by an american company not the french.

druidh
    Free Member

American-ist!!!

wors

I don’t think any of them are that heavy. 16Kg max I’d have thought???

😆

mrben100
    Free Member

😆

renton
    Free Member

Lol at Druidh.

I just find that a really weird thing to do now that manufacturers know how to make really strong frames.

mrben100
    Free Member

Just highlighting that the Americans are more tolerant of the larger person than the french!! 😉

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

I had a zesty and I weigh approx 110kg fully loaded with a pack etc on. No problems….

MrTall
    Free Member

My mate rode his Zesty for 2 years with no problems and he’s around 18/19st.

It wasn’t just the carbon ones you were looking at was it as they may be different?

renton
    Free Member

MrTall i was reading the lapierre owners manual for all the bikes and it was in there…………

here is the quote from the 2012 manual …..

using your bike in riding conditions other than those described to the right may cause your bike or its component
    parts to deteriorate prematurely. Lapierre bikes are designed for people weighing up to 100kg (220 lbs).
    Exceeding this weight limit could cancel the terms of the guarantee.

mrben100
    Free Member

here is the quote from the 2012 manual …..

using your bike in riding conditions other than those described to the right may cause your bike or its component
    parts to deteriorate prematurely. Lapierre bikes are designed for people weighing up to 100kg (220 lbs).
    Exceeding this weight limit could cancel the terms of the guarantee.

Was the same in the manual I got with the 2010 model spicy.

renton
    Free Member

why do you think they do it then ??

frames not strong enough or something?

wwaswas

I tmay be more to do with the pressure range that the shock allows vs the leverage that the frame puts on it?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘lapierre zesty/spicy rider weight limit??’ is closed to new replies.