Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Lapierre Zesty Vs Trek Remedy?
  • mtbtomo
    Free Member

Looking at the carbon models of the Zesty and Remedy.

I’ve owned a Zesty (old version in alloy) and a Trek Fuel Ex before now….

Not having ridden a Remedy, would the extra 10mm of travel on the Remedy compared to the Zesty make much difference? I could well appreciate it will be as much down to shock set up than a fraction more travel?

If I can fit a longer shock to the Zesty (to give it 160mm travel as all the mags are suggesting possible, does this mean it will accept a longer fork (and still be under warranty)?

Is there anywhere that has the Remedy 9.7 in stock and available on 0% finance? I know I might get a better deal on a non-finance route, but this is the way I want to purchase if possible.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

You can indeed fit a longer fork to a zesty, but I really dont see the point in increasing the rear travel. 160mm fork and offset bushings on a 140mm back end was what the lapierre team used at the mega avalanche (i am led to believe).

neninja
    Free Member

If you want 160mm why not just buy a carbon Spicy?

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Ahhhh, it was just a thought, as I have bigger fork ready to go the carbon Spicy is too expensive. For a mere mortal who might be taking said bike to Mega, despite what Lapierre team riders ran, would a Remedy be a better bet?

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Plus a Spicy at 160mm travel pretty much necessitates a heavier 36mm stanchion fork. With the Zesty, I could go either way, burlier or lightweight, dependant on UK or holiday time?

dan45a
    Free Member

Interesting article in dirt compared zesty to spicy, spicy came out on top as could be used for uk trail riding, uplift days and alp holidays. They also stated the spicy was only marginally slower on the climbs.

I’ve owned a carbon zesty and must say it was a awesome bike for me. Quick everywhere, but the 32 fork isn’t enough if you are doing lots dh stuff. I’ve gone for the 2 bike solution which works for me but is expensive etc..

Neve tried a remedy but they seem fantastic bikes. My wife’s fuel ex 8 feels really good on the downs and that’s just 120mm!! Could be the perfect middle ground. Or I see the stumpjumper evo gets top marks in the 150mm sector. So many choices… 🙂

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I have the two bike solution, trying to make it one…..

Thought about the Stumpy but I don’t really like Specialized in general. Don’t know why.

cabbage84
    Free Member

I have a zesty 514 2011 and a trek remedy 8 2010 model and I love them both. Im looking at selling my remedy but only for something with more travel not because of ride quality. The Remedy rear end feels better in my opinion due to the drcv shock. You will be happy with whichever one you choose. If I was buying now I would probably buy the zesty due to the reason you mentioned about been able to basically change it into a spicy when required.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Why are you selling the Remedy rather than the Zesty, if the ride quality of the Remedy is better?

Popocatapetl

I own a 2011 Remedy 9 with a Fox Talas 36 160-120 RLC FiT. The DRCV shock is superb and the Talas is a real point and Shoot on the descents. one is fitted with XTR 10 speed group set, less cranks which are the latest XT 3×10 as I like to climb as well. I can’t fault it, but I also wanted a Spicy but the Remedy frame came up on eBay as a warranty replacement. Im really happy with what I’ve got, but would like to try a Lapierre as a comparison. Do you really need to go Carbon? Mine weighs 30 Lbs with a set of Acid 2 pedals fitted. if you want to go 160 up front, even with carbon, your going to be close to 29lbs < which is the new AM figure according to STW! For 150 mm 😀

Popocatapetl

PS. You are welcome to take mine for a spin as long as you can provide a “known to me ” sponsor from STW 😀

cabbage84
    Free Member

Selling the remedy because its the older and the less travel of the zesty makes more sense when pairing with a 170mm bike. I couldnt seperate which one is the best the remedy does everything without fuss and comfort but the zesty feels more lively on the descents. best way to compare remedy like a bentley and zesty like a ferrari both excellent cars in there own right but completely different styles

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Cheers Popo…but I may just have pushed the button on a Zesty…

Having had one before swung it, and the option to plug in a big fork or not (and keeo the weight down)…..

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Lapierre Zesty Vs Trek Remedy?’ is closed to new replies.