Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Lapierre zesty am
  • chris74c
    Free Member

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone who owns a 2014/2015 zesty am 27.5 could give me their thoughts on the overall package, ride and handling etc.
    I’ve currently got a specialized camber 29er but finding I’m lacking in travel quite a bit lately. I ride peak District/Wales and trail centers so a good mix of rocky descents, climbs and fast flowing single track. Love the looks of the zesty am and there’s currently some good online deals.
    Any feedback would be much appreciated.
    Cheers

fallsoffalot
    Free Member

no no no no you do not need more travel because them big wheels more than compensate for your lack of travel.

chris74c
    Free Member

I know what your saying but I’m regularly bottoming out on travel. I’ve checked and double checked air pressure and it’s spot on. I have also tried running with them set up firmer but it rides terrible then. So that’s why I’m considering something with more travel.

coatesy
    Free Member

Thought of a custom tune on your shock? Mine felt harsh, but still hit full travel regularly, a revalve by Loco has made it far plusher over rough stuff, yet doesn’t bottom out on the stuff it used to.

b45her
    Free Member

they’re great bikes i’ve had mine since march a spicy 527 EI (essentially the same bike.
    done everything from an alps trip to the brecon beast without any problems at all just spent 2 minutes every few weeks to keep the chain stay pivots lubed and your golden.

chris74c
    Free Member

Yeah I did consider having a really tune but I’ve Recep had both shocks serviced which wasn’t cheap. To be honest though since I thought of maybe having a new bike and actually looking at some, I’ve got my heart set on a new one now. Plus me and my brother are thinking of doing an alp trip. How do you find the spicy on climbs b45her?
    Spicy looks nice mate.

b45her
    Free Member

climbs just fine, even when the shock is stuck full open because i forgot the EI battery

chris74c
    Free Member

How do you find the ei suspension? Read mixed reviews, love the concept. What’s your take on its overall performance?

b45her
    Free Member

its very very good, after a few rides you forget its there and just let the shock do it’s thing. brilliant for fast single track you can stand and sprint on an essentially locked out bike but still get the full benefit of the travel when its needed.

bikeneil
    Free Member

I know what your saying but I’m regularly bottoming out on travel. I’ve checked and double checked air pressure and it’s spot on.

Seems like you’re just trying to justify wanting a new bike to me :mrgreen:

chris74c
    Free Member

Honestly bikeneil, if I could afford to keep my bike and buy another I would, but unfortunately I don’t have the room or the money, but your probably right 😆
    That suspension does sound good though b45her.

goyawave
    Free Member

I have a 727, great bike and I don’t have EI either, got my old fox rp2 and a set of sweep forks so it’s more like a spicy. Much easier to pedal uphill and over technical stuff without noticeable compromise DH compared to my old zesty. I might be quicker downhill but it’s a longer wheelbase bike so don’t read to much into that. Not to shabby round tight hairpins either.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Lapierre zesty am’ is closed to new replies.