Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Lapierre Zesty 414 as insurance replacement
  • danielgroves
    Free Member

So, a month or so back my Meta 5 was stolen, and the insurance company has offered me a Lapierre Zesty 414 as a replacement. However, what I really want is a Transition TransAM 650B. I don’t think I’ll be able to get one through insurance though, so if I accept the Zesty, how much is it likely to sell for? I’d sell it as soon as it arrives, so it would be brand new. Currently retailing for £2300 through evens. I would ask for cash, but it looks like that would be capped at £1000 and I guess I should be able to sell and brand new Zesty for way over that.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

As soon as its not ‘new’ from a shop you’re probably going to lose at least 30% of what you can get it for new. Plus from reading other threads on here, 26″ wheels are seemingly going out of fashion fast. If its a 2013 model, then they are only going to get further reduced, making it even harder to sell.

A 2014 Zesty 327 is £2300 rrp, won’t be discounted for a good few months, so might have better immediate resale value.

Who are your insurer – mine have previously offered cash but reduce the value by 18% to account for the discount they would have got if they’d provided a bike to you. Or could you not argue they can’t replace it like for like and so should give you cash?

danielgroves
    Free Member

I’m going to give them a ring tomorrow as I got a quote through for the TransAM this afternoon, built up with a Saint/XT mix, Hope Hoops, Revs it looks to be a similar RRP to the Zesty they offered. I’m hoping they’ll bite, although I’m doubtful as it would be a custom build so quite a lot of work for them to source everything I guess.

Insurance company is Direct Line, claim is being handled by Direct Validation Services although I suspect they’re the same company. When I spoke to them before it didn’t sound like I’d be able to get more than £1000 cash, so anything over that is a bonus really even if it means getting something and selling it.

andyl
    Free Member

why is it capped?

If you get an exact quote from your bike shop then it’s no more work for them to approve and pay that.

danielgroves
    Free Member

why is it capped?

Terms and conditions in the insurance policy it seems (this claim is on the mothers insurance, not mine. Mine refused to pay a penny).

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m after a 2013 Zesty, drop me a line if you do end up a medium you need to flog.

danielgroves
    Free Member

I’m after a 2013 Zesty, drop me a line if you do end up a medium you need to flog.

Most certainly will do. Hopefully I’ll be able to say whats going one tomorrow. If I get the Zesty I was going to grab a medium anyway as I figured it would be the easiest to sell on.

chakaping
    Free Member

Cool. My email is in my profile.

danielgroves
    Free Member

chakaping – FYI, I defiantly will not be getting a Zesty from insurance now.

Had an argument with the insurance company on the phone, got put through to the manager. He’s agreed to send my a cheque for 2k.

chakaping
    Free Member

No worries mate, glad you got a good result.

br
    Free Member

Terms and conditions in the insurance policy it seems (this claim is on the mothers insurance, not mine. Mine refused to pay a penny).

Eh, does that mean that you’ve ‘faked’ the claim?

danielgroves
    Free Member

Eh, does that mean that you’ve ‘faked’ the claim?

No, I’m covered while I’m a student as my student address is not my permanent address. The mothers will cover anything outside of my flat. Discussed this with the insurance company, and they’re fine with it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Lapierre Zesty 414 as insurance replacement’ is closed to new replies.