Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Lapierre Zesty 314 or Canyon Nerve AM 8.0x
  • miguel73
    Free Member

After weeks of deliberation I’d decided to get the Canyon, but the only thing nagging me was the rubbish colours [the only half decent paint job IMO was the Raw and even that wasnt too insipiring] the spec on the Canyon is quality and the fact its comes with the Reverb seatpost was an added bonus.

But last night started looking for bikes with better paint jobs in my budget and came across the 314, what are peoples opinion on these. The spec doesnt look as good as the Canyon and there’s no Reverb but its saving grace is that is had a better colour scheme….I know looks arent everything and once its coverd in mud you wont be able to see what it look like anyway, but now i’m undecided which to get! 😕

wordy1979
    Free Member

Zesty!

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Looks make up for a lot, if you look at a bike and it inspires you to go thrash around in the woods that’s worth something compared to an ugly bike you bought with your head not your heart.

miguel73
    Free Member

@hexhamstu – good words those mate, think thats made up my mind, gonna start hunting again! 🙂

TheFopster
    Free Member

Bought my Zesty even though something like an Anthem would have been more appropriate for my riding. Decision was 90% based on the fact that to me it just looked “right”. No regrets and every time I look at it I want to go out for a ride. Do what feels right IMO.

miguel73
    Free Member

Cheers Fopster, looks like thats the way im gonna go…Canyon Nerve AM 9.0x! Looks evil and i love it!

rmacattack
    Free Member

depends on your budget imo. i bought a zesty last year because i hadnt the full lot to wack out on a canyon. but id have a canyon for the parts list alone, im sure it handles ok, if not secondhand frame, convert parts over, bobs your uncle.

robhenry85
    Free Member

i quite like the raw finish of the canyon, looks better in the flesh. (i my be biased 😉 ) just looks like its made for riding, in an industrial/right tool for the job type of way

wordy1979
    Free Member

Robhenry85 – love the pic looks great. How long have you had the bike for?? Do you want to sell it?? : )

robhenry85
    Free Member

only had for just over a week, still playing with the psi in the forks etc. so dont want to sell it, so far so good. very happy with it

barzy38
    Free Member

my mates got a lime green canyon that looks great, a lot less fussy than all the stickers over the zesty, and it shows the tube profiles nicely.
    is that colour still available
    I think that it rides really good, though obviously not as nice as my intense, but he’s a bit undecided compared to his last trance.
    suspension seems similar to me between lapierre and canyon, but is the canyon a little steeper?

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Zesty

boltonjon

Zesty everytime!!

Toasty

+1 on go for which ever you like the look of tragically, Zestys are pretty good value this year anyway, you could do much worse.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Lapierre Zesty 314 or Canyon Nerve AM 8.0x’ is closed to new replies.