Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Lapierre Zesty 314 Demo Bike – Desperate!!
  • ollie_webb
    Free Member

Hello there,

this is my first post on singletrack and I was recommended here by a friend of mine who thought someone might be able to help with my bike demo predicament.

I am basically looking to demo a 2010 Lapierre Zesty 314 and I can't find any shops which have one available.

I really don't want to buy the bike without demo'ing it as such i was wondering if there are any 2010 Zesty 314 owners on here who might be up for meeting up somewhere so that I can try out there bike!

Now that I am actually writing this for the first time I can appreciate that this might sound a bit dodgy – I can promise it is not, I'm just desperate to try one out before I miss out!

I will sort any willing rider out with their petrol money etc – I would be especially pleased if we could meet up at cwmcarn (as this is where I have tested all the other demo bikes I have been able to get hold of) however if this is not possible that’s not a prob.

Anywho – any help will be very much appreciated.

Cheers.

Ol.

ojom
    Free Member

Hey

We have a 314 in 42cm (small). Is that any use bearing in mind we are in Edinburgh…

Why not come up and take it out for a caning with us.

DavidB
    Free Member

Where are you based? Red Planet in Swindon are looking at stocking Lapierres soon

ollie_webb
    Free Member

Good point thebikechain – I am 6ft 1in so I might look a bit like donky kong in his go-kart on super mario kart if I were to ride a small – but cheers for the super fast reply!

As and when I get a new bike I will have to take it up north – I went to edinburgh and fort william a couple of summers ago and was completey amazed by the place – awesome!

Cheers,]

Ol

ollie_webb
    Free Member

Hi David – I am based in Chippenham wilts so Swindon would be ideal – might have to keep my ear to the ground on that one.

Cheers,

Ol.

ojom
    Free Member

Well you should give us a shout if you come up this way sometime.

(randomness filter – you didnt go to RHS did you…?)

popstar
    Free Member

Zesty is very similar to Specialized enduro feel like, albeit at higher speeds it develops kind of a pulling magnet (pulls even more speed) compared to other excellent bikes. But on tighter slower trails it feels a bit too long wheelbase, hence for that stuff I like my riding buddies Wolfridge. Guess 2011 year models would be even better, the only bad thing I found out about zesty is … front forks a bit flexy, especially on small buzz/bumps. Think I didn't bed them inn just yet. Wish that Zesty had maxles like Wolfridge has, … it would certainly be the bestest!

monkfish
    Free Member

rutland cycling had a 214 on their demo fleet in March when I hired it for a day.
    Up to a couple of weeks ago their Grafham Water store had a brand new 314 for sale, whether thats still there or not I don't know either.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

… front forks a bit flexy, especially on small buzz/bumps.?

15mm through axle on mine so flexy – nope. 2010 Fox superb fork. If you want enduro style riding go Spicy, cant think anyone in UK needs Froggy LOL

Try Niitrvana cycles at Peaslake they have a demo bike. North downns area great for a test to and not that far from you.http://www.nirvanacycles.com/

flatfish
    Free Member

psyclewerx in bristol

0117 946 7946

popstar
    Free Member

Pawsybear, what I meant by flexy … there is spongy feel to them. I did mention that I may didn't bed inn forks, must be a bad explanation from my side. But Wolfridge is … sharper steering bike, must be diiferent seat tube angles playing games, other than that I am very happy with Zesty.
    Enduro style ride* meant it's close in character to Specialized Enduro lol.

Give me a tip on front forks, I seem not be able to cure small bump sensitivity. On bigger stuff, it comes into it's own. Surely over 100miles is good enough time to bed those forks inn?

nickegg
    Free Member

Ollie….can you get yourself to Bristol? I have a 514 in Medium you're more than welcome to do a (short) test ride on.

Email in profile if interested.

anthonyb
    Free Member

Worcester cycle centre has a medium 314 test bike. Maybe a tad small for you (I tried it and it was fine for me and I'm 5'11) call and ask for stu, – you can take it out over weekends if needed.

popstar
    Free Member

After riding Large specialized rockhopper sl for 2seasons, geometry-reach wise medium Zesty is exactly the same given that 2010models have slightly shorter top tubes. I am 6ft, … would say longer-bigger bike may be more comfortable but you will suffer due to longer wheelbase on twitchy bits, and it may not be as chuckable -air wise- . It did help me sliding seat all the way back though.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

STW can be a great place for info Ollie, hope your succesful in hunt for Zesty.

pawnstar 🙂 think you need to look at rebound and compression? I run 80psi for 12 stone. Set the psi to your REAL weight including camelbak etc. Then adjust rebound/compression on a trail and adjust to suit. Also depends on tyres and psi. If its fit cartridge fox some say they are slightly less sensitive but way better overall fork.

Your right should be starting to bed in after 100 miles. I have had mine since Jan and its only been the last month or so that they feel fully bedded in. Not a lack of riding either – been to trail center at least once a week minimum and CRC marathon etc.

special77
    Free Member

Evolution Cycles in Eastbourne have a medium demo 314 and stock of medium and large 314 for sale http://www.evocycles.co.uk

LoCo
    Free Member

Have you tried giving http://www.pscycles.co.uk/ a call?

popstar
    Free Member

Pawsybear … thanks on advice. At 15st+ think I preffer pressures of 90ish … as if running 100, characteristics remind me of my old Rockhopper, sharp steering but smoothness goes away. Think need to play a bit more on rebound settings. I am sure after Surrey Hills-Afan-Cwmcarn these forks had more than enough to bed inn, heh, enjoy your rides. OP … taking all the fuss away about reliability of Zesty's, they are something else.

AnnaJones
    Free Member

Hi,

I bought my Zesty 314 from http://www.welovelapierre.com and they had some demo Zesty 314's in. They had a small and medium when i went because they're the sizes i tried. You might want to email them or something. They were verry helpful.

Mounty_73

These guys have zesty 314 demo bike as I have recently tried one…

http://www.pearcecycles.co.uk

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Lapierre Zesty 314 Demo Bike – Desperate!!’ is closed to new replies.