Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Lapierre Zesty 314
  • xcentric
    Free Member

Went for a test ride (around London streets, nothing exciting) today, back to back with Trek Ex 8. Very plush, smooth suspension, but huge amounts of pedal bounce if standing up in saddle and really hitting it. Now, given the reviews this bike has, am I right in thinking that was because the shock was not set up for my weight but for someone much lighter than me – the shop didn’t adjust it at all – or do they all do that if you really push the pedals when out of saddle? Got a lot of front end dip when braking, too – again, shock soft, or TADTS?

The Trek didn’t bounce much, and practically not at all with ProPedal on.

Any owners or experienced riders – comments welcome

butterbean
    Free Member

I found the standard Float R on the 314 utterly awful on mine. It appeared to have a really hard pro pedal tune so you ended up running the shock soft to have any sort of compliance.

The bike was much (and I mean MUCH better) when I swapped the shock out to a better spec Fox air shock with switchable pro pedal. No real noticeable bob when it was on, and a nice plush ride when off.

xcentric
    Free Member

current spec has no pro pedal option

mtbtomo
    Free Member

The front end dip, is down to the forks and if not set up properly would do that on any bike.

Probably set up a bit soft at the rear? Was the Trek as plush, or was it set up a lot stiffer? I normally try and avoid hard sprinting stood up on a full suss cos they all feel squidgy and a waste of effort compared to a hardtail.

Standard fox floar r on my Zesty has pro pedal as standard (you can’t turn it off)

FuzzyWuzzy

My 314 is a couple of years old and didn’t have pro pedal on the stock shock – like you say though you only notice when out of the saddle so it didn’t really bother me. I’ve actually upgraded the shock since to one with pro pedal but that was mainly because I got a good deal on it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Lapierre Zesty 314’ is closed to new replies.