Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Lapierre x-control 110 2012 model? Any good?
  • gthurlow
    Free Member

I’m looking to buy my first full suss but I’m on a budget, I would love a lapierre zesty but I don’t think I can stretch to it. Does anyone have an x-control 110? Would they recommend? My riding is mainly light trails, xc and a few flowey descents.

If not then what recommendations to get of a max budget of £1100?

Thanx

steve_b77
    Free Member

They look nice,

LeeW

For that sort of money I think the Boardman full sussers are a good bet, you can get reviews of them on the Bikeradar website.

If you’re looking for value for money I think Canyon are pretty good for it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    AngusWells

I have a 2011 X Control and think it is a great trail bike and often overlooked in favourite of the Zesty and Spicy that dominate the magazines’ bike tests and fit with the zeitgeist for All Mountain (whatever that really means).

The X Control’s light, responsive and good value for money. Given the type of riding you have identified I suspect it is a better bet than a Zesty. Do you really need 140 mm of travel?

ifergwyn1
    Free Member

Just taken the plunge and ordered one! Lapierre make great bikes which are overlooked in the UK. It might have a different set up but won’t be too madcap-I hope. The guys I’ve spoken too who ride lappy’s have no hesitation in recommending them. The front suspension etc won’t be overly sophisticated but what do you expect for the price I guess. The other model I’d looked at was the entry level trek fuel (?) but that doesn’t carry fox suspension either. The xcontrol is also relatively light. My usual rides are track and xc here in north/mid Wales.

Let you know how it goes-or returned to vendor!

taxi25
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2010 x-control and love the way it rides. For the kind of riding you describe its perfect. The s/arm snapped on mine though ! It was replaced under warranty with a redesigned 2011 one. Its worth taking the seat post out and draining out any water after washing. A bit annoying but better than changing the b/b every couple of months.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Lapierre x-control 110 2012 model? Any good?’ is closed to new replies.