Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Lapierre warranty 727 frame with adaptors question…
  • uksmiler
    Free Member

Hi all,

Please advise….

I recently found a crack in my carbon zesty 714 frame BB, I informed the bike shop and they have contacted Lapierre. Lapierre have offered the 727 am (27.5″) frame as a replacement with adaptors included to allow the use of existing (26″) wheels and fork.

I questioned the replacement of a 26″ frame with a 27.5″ and have been assured this frame will run “perfectly” with the 26″ wheels and adaptors.

Am I quibbling unnecessarily? Has anyone else experienced running the 727 am zesty on 26″ wheels? Or should I stick to my guns and request new forks and wheels?

andyl
    Free Member

I doubt you will get anywhere if the frame can be adapted to take a 26″ wheel. Not exactly much in it.

nuke

Funnily enough I saw this listing on ebay today and it sounds a similar situation to you in that its ‘normal’ to be given a 27.5 frame with 26″ adapters…
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191245934710?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Personally I was quite tempted in getting it…run 26″ now with existing 26″ fork and wheels and, when funds allow, convert to 27.5

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

I’ve delt with hotlines and lapierre… If the bike is under 12 months I would argue if it’s 2+ years I would take the frame, I ran adaptors on a zesty 414 to permit QR rear on a 142×12 rear with no issues. There does seem to be a lot of 27.5 zesty frames on the net for sale so maybe that’s an option and buy another 26 frame that’s not carbon ( I snapped a rear on my zesty and wanted an alloy replacment that I love and trust)

honourablegeorge

Pretty sure the Zesty was designed that way, so it’s not really the bodge it sounds. And it means you can easily upgrade to 650 in future should you wish to.

Win Win, IMO

uksmiler
    Free Member

Thank you for the replies.

Id be interested to hear from anyone running one of these with 26″ wheels, if it runs as well as the 714 did then it’ll be pretty damn good!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Lapierre warranty 727 frame with adaptors question…’ is closed to new replies.