Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Lapierre tr429 EI anybody got one
  • coblck
    Free Member

Hi folks in the market for new full susser 29er and quite fancy one of these. How does the EI shock work in the real world and do you rate it.

coatesy
    Free Member

Sold 7 EI bikes, think we had 5 back faulty, most of which were converted to normal shocks. Earlier versions had a junction box tucked away in the bottom of the downtube (the place where moisture is most likely to collect), possibly still do, and the stem mounted control/display unit is pretty vulnerable to accidental knocks etc. and rather expensive to replace. Wouldn’t touch one myself due to their reliability, but feel free to buy one yourself.

coblck
    Free Member

Ok thanks thought

downhilldave

Have a 2014 Spicy Team,had no end of problems with the EI. The head unit was the source of most of it. Had five of em under warranty and a front wiring harness. Eventually got the 2015 head unit,complete with a full wiring harness which was better. In some circumstances it’s very good, for me the problem area was climbing rocky/tech stuff when you sometimes need the shock to be be more active but it’s in locked mode, you can switch to manual but I found it a faff. Now run a Db Inline 😉 and saved half a kilo.

coblck
    Free Member

Cheers guys scrap that idea can only afford 2014 model. Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Lapierre tr429 EI anybody got one’ is closed to new replies.