Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Lapierre Spicy med or large?
  • gryan1
    Free Member

Hi all, looking at buying a new spicy but cant decide on size. I’m 5ft 10, about 178cm tall, size chart on website says a medium is suitable up to 180mm and a large from 175cm! Ive tried a medium size at LBS and feels a little short reach wise. Any owners out there with any advice? Thanks in advance!

muddyfunster
    Free Member

I know what you mean, at 5’9 I preferred the feel of last years 51cm over the 46 which was far too short imo. Standover was the killer though.

For 2013 they’ve improved the clearance and the sizing, 51cm has become 49cm (I think), which is closer to being workable for me. If you’re relatively long legged you might get on much better with the bigger size, especially when fitted with the shorter stem the bike needs. Having said all that though, they’ve increased the TT length of the smaller sizes too and having tried them, it is an improvement. However I still find myself struggling to get a good fit on a lapierre.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Cue “I like bikes that are too small for me because I mistakenly think this makes them ‘chuckable’…even though I now have to now run a 100mm stem and the seat slid all the way back on the rails to stop my knees hitting the handlebars” replies.
    Oh yeah…large (they are quite short tt’s).

gryan1
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Rorschach what height are you? Do you ride a spicy? Yep this years large is size 48cm, might be the way to go with short stem. 2013 medium now 43cm,felt pretty small but is that how enduro bikes are supposed to feel?! sorry my other bikes are xc/trail 120mm bikes.thanks!

oldfart

My 2010 316. Is a 46cm. Medium and I!m 5ft 11. 6ft. With. A. Fair. Wind. And. I. Certainly. Wouldn’t!t. Want. Anything. Bigger.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

5’10” here.

Just bough a 2013 medium. Everything else ive ridden in medium feels ok. This does feel a bit short.

Remember that they’re coming with 50mm stems now

mikewsmith
    Free Member

find a large to chuck a leg over….

(50mm stem and seat all the way back on a med heckler here – right on the line for size)

drewfus
    Free Member

Hi there, I’m 5’11 1\2 and I picked up a Large 2010 this year.
    I run it with a 50mm stem and it feels fine. The best bet is to test ride tho as u don’t wanna be stuck with the wrong size. I decided for the large as it felt more planted on the type of decents that I ride. 😉

gryan1
    Free Member

Thanks all, i guess best to try a large before making any decision,cheers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Lapierre Spicy med or large?’ is closed to new replies.