Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Lapierre Spicy 516
  • _tom_
    Free Member

Have my eye on one for sale at the minute, firstly is £550 a good price for the frame + air shock?

Mainly, are they the right bike/frame for riding all mountain and downhill on? It’s a size medium as well, too big for “chucking around” for someone about 5’9″ or ok?

By all mountain I’m not really sure what I mean! Want something mainly for downhill (like FOD etc) but still able to pedal back up and use for xc type rides if I want.

U31
    Free Member

Get it Tom, you’ll still love the DMR, but in a different way!

FuzzyWuzzy

Perfect for somewhere like FoD, only ridden a Spicy briefly but seems to climb fine (I have a Zesty and Froggy and even the Froggy can go uphill). Not sure on sizing but my medium Zesty is fine for me @ 5’11” (slightly small if anything so if a Spicy is the roughly the same dimensions then it should be OK).

_tom_
    Free Member

How about anything a bit ‘arder than FOD for when I get better at dh?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Specialized sx trail? You should be able to find one for at least £150 cheaper and I guess there a bit more suited to the dh side of things

_tom_
    Free Member

hmm probably will leave it then if I could get a more suitable spesh for cheaper. Tbh I’m still wondering whether to bother with a full sus or just get a slacker and longer “do it all” hardtail then using the Trailstar for skateparks/dj…

Rode the Trailstar for the first time in 2 weeks today, it feels SO short and slow compared to my road bike, like I can’t put the power down as I’m not far enough over the front. Problem is I can’t find any other hardtail frames with as low a BB as the Trailstar so I worry about their stability!

nasher
    Free Member

At 5ft9 it may a be a bit big for you, the reach is long and the standover is not too great… have a go on someones..

I will have small 2010 spicy 316 in mint condition up for sale at the end of the month if a medium is too big for you.

A

slowrider
    Free Member

ive just switched from a commy supreme to a spicy because i wanted something dh capable but still useable as an all rounder. its absolutely mint, nice and slack and stable but still light enough to not be a burden on more tame stuff. i cant recommend it enough; a couple of people who have had a go on it have since started looking for a decent deal on one.

mines a medium and im 6 foot, about the same size as an 18″ orange 5 i reckon.

slowrider
    Free Member

and £550 sounds like a fair point to try and haggle from, there was a new and unused one going for £800 apparently

_tom_
    Free Member

mines a medium and im 6 foot, about the same size as an 18″ orange 5 i reckon.

Deffo too big for me then. I used to have a 19″ bike and it seemed far too long and weird! Although perhaps knowing now how my road bike feels and what it feels like to be able to pedal properly, I might say different if I had another go on it 😆

slowrider
    Free Member

by medium you mean the 46cm one yeah? it probably will be a bit big tbh

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Lapierre Spicy 516’ is closed to new replies.