Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Lapierre Sizing
  • timbo678
    Free Member

Morning all,

Contemplating a few different bikes and looking at a Lapierre Spicy 516, does any one have any experience of the Large size? I am 6’4 and would like to know if it is worth sourcing a demo bike for the weekend?

Thanks

TheFopster
    Free Member

I ride large Zesty. I’m a long limbed 6ft 1 and fits well. Worth trying before you buy as that’s quite an expensive bike you are looking at…

timbo678
    Free Member

Yeah – I will try before I buy, just trying to cross off as many as possible, currently between: –

Spicy 516 2013 (dodgy colour scheme)
    Canyon Strive (ridden a pals medium and too small but very nice & hell of a spec)
    Spesh Enduro Evo (prob too heavy)

I want an all day pedaller than can handle downhill stuff and maybe a week in the alps, I also like a very stiff front end (not fox 32s)

Any other suggestions welcome

Kato

I am 6’1″ and ride 60cm Zesty which is a Large

honourablegeorge

I’m 6’1 on a large 516 with a 50mm stem and am very happy, it’s plenty long, think I like my TTs longer than most. Should be bob on for youy with the stock 70mm stem, I’d imagine.

EDIT – mine’s a 2010 – the geometry has been tweaked since, more standover and that, but I think the TT stayed the same

EDIT – it’s a great bike, best I’ve ever owned, seriously considering going for a Carbon 916 frame as my next purchase.

rewski
    Free Member

I’m 6’4 and ride a 54cm zesty.

cheers_drive

I’m not sure about the spicy but the zesty’s TT is shorter than it was so other people references may not be valid.
    I’m 6’3″ and rode a large Zesty, however it was always on the margin of being too small so I’ve requested a XL for the warranty replacement I’m waiting for as it will be a newer model year with as shorter TT.

timbo678
    Free Member

Ooh I didn’t know there was an XL version, only seen the three sizes where I have been looking – thanks

rewski
    Free Member

You need a 54.

timmys

I’m 6’2″ and ride a Large (50cm) Zesty. I’m very much at the upper end ie. have the dreadfully unfashionable stock 90mm stem and a seatpost with slight layback (KSi900 dropper) to get comfy. I’d definately be looking at the XL (54cm) one if I was you.

There have been various changes in top tube length over the years (mine’s 2009) but I think that was possibly only on the medium model.

honourablegeorge

I don’t think there is an XL Spicy

timbo678
    Free Member

I can’t see an XL spicy but will source a large for a demo ride – thanks all

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Lapierre Sizing’ is closed to new replies.