Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Lapierre bike sizing question
  • downs523
    Free Member

Looking at getting a lapierre zesty, maybe the 314 but would have to be used as they are expensive!! The sizing is different to what I am used to, they come as 42,46,50,54. I had an orange five with a 17inch frame and this was ok… Possibly slightly large for me so I would need either that size or slightly smaller.

Is the 42,46,50,54 just centimetres instead of inches in regards to frame size?

I’m 5″8 which would be best for me?

Chris

galactus
    Free Member

I ride a 314 that’s a 46 and I’m 5″11…Only just the right size almost to small.
    So a 42 should do the job for you 😀
    I got mine second hand ,much cheaper.

stats

Hey,

I’ve got a 2012 Zesty 314 in 46cm (Medium) and I’m also 5′ 8″, the size is perfect.
    It’s just centimetres rather than inches so 18″ but doesn’t feel like a 18″. I previously had a 16″ Patriot which felt similar in size to the 46cm Zesty.
    You’d want a wider set of bars, shorter stem and to change out the back tyre. I went with a 720mm, 60mm and Conti Mountain King 2.4 ProTection.

Happy buying!

Stats.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m 5ft 8.5in and my old 46cm Zesty was perfect size-wise.

Compare top tube lengths to the 17″ Five and take it friom there IMO.

dan45a
    Free Member

Ive had 2 zestys, I’m 5’8″ and had a 46cm zesty, size was spot on. I had a 42cm zesty in the early days this was perhaps abit small but only just.

Amazing bikes! Go for it.

downs523
    Free Member

Ah I guessed it would be cm! So looking at that a 42 would be 16.5 inches which is prob the closest to my old 17″ five. May go for that one then! There are not many about, only a couple on eBay so might be a pain trying to get a good one!

chakaping
    Free Member

So looking at that a 42 would be 16.5 inches which is prob the closest to my old 17″ five.

No, top tube length is more important.

In a nutshell – Fives are long bikes and Zestys are average.

downs523
    Free Member

Ok thanks for the tip, any way I could do this? I don’t own either at the mo?

downs523
    Free Member

602 for the orange top tube length and 595 for the zesty 314 so quite similar, their small zesty is 575 so maybe it is too small after all

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

I had been looking for a Zesty 314 for a mate earlier this year and couldn’t get one at all, and then I popped into my local shop (who couldn’t get them before) and they still have some at a cheaper price now. Bit late for my mate now but just in case you’re still looking…

It is here

downthemiddle
    Free Member

I have a 42cm zesty (smal equivalent of a 16.5″) and at 5’7″ its perfect for me trail riding with a 70mm stem and 725mm bars.
    If I was doing anything other than hooning about and trail riding on it, i.e xc orientated stuff and longer events I would prefer a medium, but I have a 29er hardtail for all that other speed stuff, so the Zesty is my fun bike. Great machine, you will enjoy. at 5’8″ you are on the cusp of both sizes, I suggest either will be fine.

smcicr
    Free Member

6 foot and happy on a 46 / medium – really enjoying the bike and working on doing it justice!

eskimonumber1

6 foot and happy on a 46 / medium – really enjoying the bike and working on doing it justice!

^+1

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

^^^ +2

6′ 3″ and happily rocking about on a medium.

honourablegeorge

Eskimo/Neil – are you both on long stems?

blueraven
    Free Member

5’8″ and I ride a medium, perfect fit.

This is my first FS bike and I was thrown a bit when buying regarding the standover height as they feel very high compared to a HT to accommodate the suspension sag. I am amazed that you 6fters find a 46 comfortable, with a 55 stem on mine it feels a little cramped at times…

eskimonumber1

Eskimo/Neil – are you both on long stems?

50mm for me and I’ve plenty of knee clearance. I wouldn’t want it any smaller but this just works and feels comfortable for me.

timmys

6′ 3″ and happily rocking about on a medium.

Bloddy hell! I’m 6’2″ and on my 50cm (large) I have to run with a 90 mm stem and a seatpost with a bit of layback!

Kato

I’m 6’1″ and ride a 50cm Zesty. Wouldn’t want it smaller either

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

50mm on my 2011 one, and now on my replacement 2012 one (slightly different angles and lengths etc) I’m running a 70mm.

I like my bikes smaller, and have 33″ inside leg…

honourablegeorge

Sams as Kato, I’m 6’1″ on a Large spicy, 50mm stem.

Takes all sorts, I suppose. Quite like the sizing of mine.

itsmygame
    Free Member

I’m 5′ 9″ and ride a medium 514. Love the bike and when I replace it, it will be with the same but I would like to try a small first ( just to satisfy my curiosity ).

Just thought id put that into the mix

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Lapierre bike sizing question’ is closed to new replies.