Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Lapierre 2010 Zesty headset bearings replacement
  • jimw
    Free Member

Anyone know where to get replacements? The bearings have a 45 degree crown race angle rather than 36 degrees of hope, cane creek etc.

size etched on side is Dia. 41 x 6.5 x 45 degrees

thanks

Bucko

http://welovelapierre.com/

Give them a call if you need any help or advice before you buy, they’re very helpful

jimw
    Free Member

Thanks Bucko, already looked there but none on their site appear to be correct dimension (cane Creek not correct I think). I have e-mailed them today and hope to get a reply but thought I’d try here as well!

Bucko

I called them a few weeks ago, their website is apparently very up to date and if it’s not in stock then it’s not even shown on the site. It might be worth a call tomorrow to find out if they’re getting any new stock

robhughes
    Free Member

Here you go bud. 😉
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=11266

oops…Not in stock….

jimw
    Free Member

Sorry Rob, but those Cane Creek bearings are not the right ones- they are 41 x 6.5 x 36, MH-P03K where I need 41 x 6.5 x 45 MH-P03

robhughes
    Free Member

Sorry bud.
    Thought i had it there. 🙁

coatesy
    Free Member

could you change the crown race as well? May save you having the same problem in the future.

jimw
    Free Member

an update from importer:

“we don’t stock these, put a different headset in as replacement” or words to that effect. Good advice but surprising that you can’t get spares!

Will be replacing with Hope headset. Could just get a crown and upper race plus bearings but seems sensible to change the whole thing as I don’t know how well it would seal at the top race

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Lapierre 2010 Zesty headset bearings replacement’ is closed to new replies.