Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Laphroaig Quarter Cask
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

Its bloody nice isnt it.

I normally just drink bells etc with coke but I am determined to drink scotch straight. I found the Bells difficult to drink compared to the M&S Kenmore. The Laphroaig is going down well.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Fabulous stuff. If you haven’t already, give Lagavulin and Ardbeg a go.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

It is very nice, try it with coke though for the ultimate drink 8)

coffeeking
    Free Member

Ardbeg for me!

peterfile
    Free Member

I usually like most Laphroaigs.

I bought a bottle of Quarter Cask when passing through Heathrow

IMO it’s by far the most foul of all Laphroaigs and one of the worst whiskies i’ve ever tasted. I gave it away to a friend who drinks his whisky with coke 🙂

doof_doof
    Free Member

Just finished an Ardbeg Uigeadil, now onto a Corryvekan, which is even better.

Rubber_Buccaneer

The quarter cask is OK if you like that smokey anti-septic type taste but a shot of it ruined my coffee. If I wasn’t so tight I’d have thrown it away and made another mug.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I love the range of comments, from fabulous to foul in 4 posts.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I am determined to drink scotch straight

Surely you should drink it as you like it?

My wife likes whisky and orange cordial and often gets comments from bar staff (especially if we are in a traditional drinking establishment). But she drinks what she drinks because she likes the way it tastes. You should do the same yourself.

zokes
    Free Member

Another vote for fabulous here!

I_Ache
    Free Member

Surely you should drink it as you like it?

Couldn’t agree more but its not as if you can just pick up scotch and start drinking it straight, IMO its something that you have to want to do. A bit like riding a bike in winter getting cold and wet, most people will hate it but if you give it a bit of time you will find the love for it.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Fair enough. I remember being like that at 14, Are you 14?

😉

I_Ache
    Free Member

My life must have been more sheltered than I thought.

I’m 29 but have always been more of an ale bloke myself.

peterfile
    Free Member

I love the range of comments, from fabulous to foul in 4 posts.

That’s the beauty of taste, we’re all different. As mastiles_fanylion pointed out, there is no right or wrong, just drink what you like, however you like it.

I used to cringe at people buying a lovely bit of beef in a restaurant and then asking for it to be cooked well done and accompanied by pepper sauce (my mum does this). I could never understand why people would want to ruin a good bit of meat – might as well just buy a hamburger.

But I slowly learned that telling people how they “ought” to have their food/drink is futile, pointless, rude, snobby and just plain wrong. Just because my taste evolved/changed in a certain way doesn’t mean that i’m “enlightend”, it’s just different.

Actually, I still cringe at beef being cooked well done though 😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I’m 29 but have always been more of an ale bloke myself.

I was real ale, went to lager. Now I drink whatever takes my fancy. Spent Saturday night at a beer festival. I never buy myself spirits but enjoy a good whisky. I tend to find lots of them give me bitching heartburn though.

I prefer Bombay Sapphire (export strength) and tonic with a slice of lime though.

And another thing on taste as peterfile rightly points out. If I want a red wine with my pasta or fish then I will have red wine. I don’t particularly like most white wine (well I can drink it but it is awful) so I am not going to drink it just because I am meant to with a particular dish.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Laphroaig Quarter Cask’ is closed to new replies.