Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Lapdog shoe-snog
  • Cougar

I got a sampler back of different loose-leaf teas for Christmas which I’ve been working my way through.

Today’s was some lapsang souchong. Ingredients list “tea, smoke” and holy hell, they’re not kidding. Opening the pouch was like walking outside on th e5th of November, similar smell to a really strong smoked cheese.

Brewing gave a really light tea that didn’t really taste of much but the smoke was overpowering. I couldn’t drink it, ended up pitching it and hours later the kitchen still smells of it.

Is this normal for LS, are they all like that or was it just a weird batch? Think I’ll be giving it a wide berth in future if so.

What do other readers think? Also, any recommendations for the next batch?

Suggsey
    Free Member

Can’t stand that poncy lapsongsoochong crap, utter filth. Monkey Tea the strong one for me, or anything stronger 😆

bigblackshed

LS is the Stinking Bishop of tea. A house mate used to drink it, I can smell that smell now even though I moved out 25 years ago.

👿

Squidlord
    Free Member

Love it – though not for everyday. Never had one that smells so strong though.

survivor

ahhhh smoky tea. Used to be partial to a cup of that. Mainly to wind up fellow office bods. Might get some more for old times sake. Thanks for the reminder 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Lapdog shoe-snog’ is closed to new replies.