Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Lanzarote off road.
  • darby
    Free Member

Need some advice, thinking of taking my steed to Lanzarote on my hols.
    Is it safe to ride out there on your tod, as i am really not into guided stuff. Cheers Folks

R.lepecha

Unless you want to boil your knackers of then dont bother.

When we went me and my dad hired bikes for a day, had to stop every 10 minutes to cool.

mrmo
    Free Member

i guess it depends on when you go, but i have been to both Gran Canaria and Fuertaventura and both were warm but certainly not unpleaseantly Hot. Bit breezy at times though.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

I went surfing there in January a few years back and regretted not taking a bike as well for the flat days. Some great looking trails around the West Coast (Famara / La Santa area) and I reckon there is probably a lot of potential in the Timanfaya national park itself.

This may give you some ideas:

http://www.lanzaroteinformation.com/content/mountain-bike-routes-lanzarote

Hopk1ns
    Free Member

Stayed at club le santa a couple of years ago. Lots of riding out there, very open and rockey desolate place. You can just pick a trail and go.

donsimon
    Free Member

When we went me and my dad hired bikes for a day, had to stop every 10 minutes to cool.

Lightweight!! It barely touches 30ºC. 😆

If Lanzarote is anything like Fuerteventura, you should find plenty of trails. You’ll have to try hard to get lost, it’s an island!

If you want maps, you can order them from The Green Shop..

cp

loads of trails, you have to investigate/ask around a bit for them.

great spring/autumn/winter destination. It’s a bit windy quite a bit of the time! though only 1 day out of a week when i was there in late november

R.lepecha

Lightweight!! It barely touches 30ºC.

It wasnt the temp, it was dry as hell and the sun beating down on you warmed you up

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Lanzarote off road.’ is closed to new replies.