Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Langstrath
  • lowey

Only ever ridden the wrong side, which I found to be a bit of a PITA.

Whats the BW like ? Worse or better ?

Cheers.

bren2709

We rode the east side of the beck which was PITA, west side looked more appealing but from a distance.

bungalistic
    Free Member

Only rode up to and down from the swimming hole (black moss pot) and I found the footpath more rideable than the bridleway, neither are really very good tbh.

parkedtiger
    Free Member

Where are you ultimately heading for Lowey ? If it’s up to Esk Hause to descend to Styhead (and beyond), it’s much quicker carrying up Grains Gill.

boxelder

The footpath is fine most of the way, then continues up the surfaced Stake Pass. From there to Esk Hause is a pain though.
    BW up Langstrath is frustrating.
    Surprised at comments about the footpath being not good and slow.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

As Boxelder says, To get to Esk Hause I have done the path from Tray Dubbs (South of Beck) and carried up angletarn beck, it needs to be dry though, but its quite nice single track in places along the valley,and not popular with the red sox.

TomB

The footpath is definitely fine up past black moss pot. We crossed the river and came back down the bridleways, which was tedious in descent and would be worse uphill.

tomaso
    Free Member

I thought it was a lovely bit of Lakeland nadgery bridleway heading up from Stonethwaite. The Langstrath valley is truly beautiful and so devoid of people. Head up and over Stake Pass and into Langdale to finish of the Rossetti Gill loop.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Langstrath’ is closed to new replies.