Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Langster to a pompetamine
  • cyclistm
    Free Member

So further to my wanted ad, I have been offered a pompetamine to replace my Langster frame,

How many of the parts can I use for the conversion?

I presume the wheels will be different as the Langster is 120mm and the pomp is 135?? Can someone confirm please.

What about the track chainset, bottom bracket? Will these need to be replaced too?

Thanks

Del

you may need to change the BB for one with a longer axle, but you may get away with it. cheap enough, so no big deal. would have thought you’d change wheels anyway to take advantage of disc mounts if nothing else?
    probably worth having a good root around for bars,stem etc. and look at flogging the langster complete if it’s not shagged out? you can get some stuff pretty cheap if you look around.

ssboggy

I can confirm that the Pompetamine is 135 spacing at the rear
    Also the pomp is disc only so you’ll need new brakes and wheels

cyclistm
    Free Member

Thanks, do people just run a normal 135mm hub with a singlespeed spacer kit and a track chainset then?

Ta

Del

no real reason not to.

cyclistm
    Free Member

cool, thanks.

Anyone use a ‘normal’ road chainset?

Del

no real reason not to. 😀

CraigW
    Free Member

Thanks, do people just run a normal 135mm hub with a singlespeed spacer kit and a track chainset then?

That’s fine for singlespeed, but it won’t work for fixed. You would need a fixed disc hub for that, and there’s not many of them available. It seems Surly is about the only reasonably priced one.

For a chainset, you can use a road (double or triple) chainset, then put the chainring on the inside with a bashring on the outside.

cyclistm
    Free Member

Thanks everyone.
    I won’t be running fixed, freewheel for me

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Langster to a pompetamine’ is closed to new replies.