Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Langster bottom brackets
  • cyclistm
    Free Member

Anyone know a source of well sealed, square taper bottom bracket for an early langster.

I tracked a couple of the right size down on the On-One website, but the one I bought hasn’t really stood up to abuse on the road in the winter.

Anything else I can try – I assume a longer axle will put the chain line out?

Thanks

cyclistm
    Free Member

just found this:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/help-elusive-bb-size-68-x-103-where-from

looks like I’m going to struggle to get anything. Anyone been successful fitting a 107mm bottom bracket to a langster?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Depending on your hub you may be able to space the cog out by a couple of mm to make the chainline better on a 107. also can you switch the chainring to the inside on your cranks?

cyclistm
    Free Member

Good idea, didn’t think about moving the chainring to the inside.

I’ll have a look.

If anyone has found any solutions I would be interested to here.

Think some people have put external BBs on. Would be interested to know how they got the chainline right.

Ta

crazy-legs

I’ve got a 1st generation Langster which is now running a White Industries BB. The original Shimano one actually lasted quite well, the replacement died within a few months so I went for the top end option. Flawless so far and at least you can just replace the bearings when needed.

Same with the original hubs and freewheel, they were pants so they got replaced by Goldtec hubs and a White Industries freewheel.

http://www.whiteind.co.uk/ – I got mine from Tim at Sideways Cycles.

crftom
    Free Member

Token do a 68 103 bb there pretty good for the money deffo better than shimano we usually carry them in stock but non in till the end of the weekToken

cyclistm
    Free Member

okay – I checked and looks like the chainring can be mounted on the inside of the crank so going to try a 107mm BBUN55.

cyclistm
    Free Member

so far 107mm bb with chainring mounted on the inside tabs is working well

cyclistm
    Free Member

Update:
    107mm bb with chainring on the inside has put the chainline slightly out so have had a few chain offs.

I have put a 2.5mm external BB on the washer to space it out to see if it will straighten it up a bit.

I’ll report back.

FarmersChoice
    Free Member

Velosolo have Sugino, Tange and Stronglight BB’s in 68 x 103 although he is shut for holidays currently.

Looked closer – out of stock of Stronglight.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

107mm bb with chainring on the inside has put the chainline slightly out so have had a few chain offs.

Is your chain tight enough?

cyclistm
    Free Member

it is now. 🙂

kilo

Should it not all work out I went for one of the Token BB’s from planet x – much better than the original BB and the first replacement which was a sugino

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Langster bottom brackets’ is closed to new replies.